Categories

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

PeterWriting

Categories

Post by PeterWriting »

Hello,
Glad to be here. I have recently joined and had my first two articles accepted without a hitch, so I'm excited.
I have an article I want to submit soon for relationships. I thought that it was strange that in the categories there is one for divorce but not one
for marriage. I did see there is one for dating and one for family, but some ideas like mine I think would fit more specifically in marriage than family.
Do most people post those kind of spouse related articles under family?

A second question is: Can an article be posted only in more than one catergories as some topics would overlap?

I have browsed the boards some and everyone seems to be helpful. Thanks in advace.
Isabelnewth

Re: Categories

Post by Isabelnewth »

Hallo, I haven't found a way of placing articles in more than one category, I think you just have to plump for one, though it would be useful to be able to use a couple. I sometimes have similar dilemmas about where to put things: I suppose you need to opt for the category that seems to be most popular. You can put keywords in the submission form, and then I think your article pops up when someone searches that word, but I am not sure how many buyers search that way, as the 'most common' keywords often seem random and don't change very fast!
PeterWriting

Post by PeterWriting »

I appreciate your response. I still think that there should be a marriage caterory if there is a divorce catergory. I suppose I could such and article in family and then use marriage keywords.
Thanks again for you help.
Peter
SJHillman

Post by SJHillman »

I would suggest making the category "Marriage and Divorce", as the latter cannot be had without the former and most "Marriage" articles I've seen are about avoiding divorce.
PeterWriting

Post by PeterWriting »

I am glad to hear that about the articles you've seen. I also think you make a great point and I agree with your suggestion. It would be better to call it marriage and divorce and it might even increase article sales.