Contacting Customers (In a way that cannot be violated)

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Tster

Contacting Customers (In a way that cannot be violated)

Post by Tster »

Hi,

Let's say a customer makes me an offer for an article for $10 (true story), but I decline it, I have no real way of telling the customer how much I would ask for. I have dropped the article from the previous price to $15, and would like to contact him to say the price has been dropped.

So here is my suggestion, a way to contact customers who have previously made offers to you:
Features:
- Only allowed to send messages to customers who have offered to you before (prevents spam)
- One way, only the author can send a message, if the buyer wants to make a counter offer he has to use the best offer feature
- Author must use a premade sentence (saying "Author "XYZ" has notified you to say the price of article "ABC" has been dropped to"; to avoid violating terms & conditions), where all they can do is insert a number into a box, which will be added on to the sentence

Anybody like this idea? This way we can contact potential customers and the system will be impossible to abuse (unless they start speaking in 1337 speak, in which case the number box should have a character limit of 3)

- Tom