Resubmission form "quirks"

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

SpikeWyatt

Resubmission form "quirks"

Post by SpikeWyatt »

I may have asked this a couple of years ago when it first drove me completely nuts but I'm going to ask now, in case I didn't... would it be possible to fix the incredibly infuriating resubmission form, please? Here are just a few of the annoyances:

Reattaching documents doesn't update any details, so you can't tell which doc is the newer/newest.
Changing something in the article description and saving the changes voids any comments to the editors.
Updating the file and submitting loses the changes made in the document description (such as updated word count).

And so on. Basically, it's one of those "go around the houses three times to make sure everything is right before you dare press Resubmit" situations. I didn't on my last article and ended up losing my comments and resubmitting... and since they were essential as nothing else was updated, one of the editors is going to be really peeved that I apparently sent the same thing back with no changes (which also, I suspect, puts my account at risk for "too many errors").

A submission form should take ALL updates at once and should be easy to use, rather than a test of will and stubbornness. :lol:
csjwilkinson

Re: Resubmission form "quirks"

Post by csjwilkinson »

I'm used to it now. I resubmit the file first then write in all my changes. That method works without any dramas.
The top file is always the newest.
SpikeWyatt

Post by SpikeWyatt »

csjwilkinson wrote:I'm used to it now. I resubmit the file first then write in all my changes. That method works without any dramas.
The top file is always the newest.
I, too, was used to it until I was away for a while. Coming back reminded me of all the annoying quirks - and getting used to them isn't really the answer. That's why we still allow politicians to wield power even though we know better... :lol:
csjwilkinson

Post by csjwilkinson »

Dude, I don't think it's quite that bad. :lol:
bhuff85

Post by bhuff85 »

Could it be a browser issue? I use the most current version of Firefox and have never ran into any trouble. I've made edits before uploading a revised article and all edits have remained intact.
SpikeWyatt

Post by SpikeWyatt »

I don't think so: it did it years ago and it still does it now. The changes in browsers over that time would likely negate any individual weirdness (except for IE, of course).
SalmanRvF

Post by SalmanRvF »

While resubmitting an article, I mistakenly uploaded another file. Now it sits there with all the others. There should be an option to delete the old versions.