Trouble Logging in?

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

Trouble Logging in?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Anyone else experience long load times when logging in? For most of this week, everytime I log in it takes several minutes for the main screen to display. Then, when I click a link such as Submit Article, it goes to a "Internet Explorer cannot display this page" error. When I close the tab and then reopen it, I'm logged in and everything works great. This same scenario repeats every time I have to log in. Quite the pain... I haven't tried it on another browser so it could be a IE thing, but it's new.
mnicol22

Re: Trouble Logging in?

Post by mnicol22 »

I've noticed that it takes a while to log in. However, the most annoying problem I've experienced is that every time I click on the CC button on my favorites bar (I use IE8) it always closes the tab and reopens in compatibility mode. Every single time! It's really annoying... After that, I experience no other problem though.
Constant

Post by Constant »

What version of IE are you using, Celeste? I just tried to repeat the error with IE9 and wasn't able to.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I'm using IE 9 version 9.0.8112.16421 / Update version 9.0.4
sleepydoc

Post by sleepydoc »

I just tested mine. Safari had about a 20 second delay, but Firefox was nearly instant. I don't know if that's helpful, but thought I'd offer it, just in case.
-Cheryl
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

My login is slow with both IE9 and Firefox... about 15 secs or more