Articles selling for $0.00

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Word Gypsy

Articles selling for $0.00

Post by Word Gypsy »

Anyone else getting frustrated over articles that are selling for $0.00? It's happened several times now. It would be nice if someone from CC would fix this problem or at least pay me for the sales.
HiredGun

Re: Articles selling for $0.00

Post by HiredGun »

Word Gypsy wrote:Anyone else getting frustrated over articles that are selling for $0.00? It's happened several times now. It would be nice if someone from CC would fix this problem or at least pay me for the sales.
Hasn't happened to me. Have you tried emailing Nicole directly (nicole@constant-content.com)?
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hi. Yes, I did contact someone a while ago when it first happened, and then again now. I think Nicole will respond once she gets some info to share, but I suspect it's a glitch that isn't going to get resolved since it keeps happening. Just wondering if I am the only one it is happening to or if others are having the same issue.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Hey Word Gypsy, this sucks and I hope they fix it for you soon. I haven't had this happen to me but I only sold 1 private request this month.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Lysis wrote:but I only sold 1 private request this month.
You're probably not alone. Based upon REALLY ROUGH calculations of open catalog sales, the first 9 days of February are down approx. $768 from same period last month (45+ articles). :cry:
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Sales definitely seem to be slowing down....
mnicol22

Post by mnicol22 »

I had that happen to me too. It was an article that had already sold for usage a couple of times and it got me puzzled, but I totally forgot about it because I was too busy. Let us know if you hear back from C-C. ;)
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

No word from anyone yet on this or on the usage articles selling for full rights either.....I'll keep you posted if by chance someone does get back to me.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Word Gypsy wrote:No word from anyone yet on this or on the usage articles selling for full rights either.....I'll keep you posted if by chance someone does get back to me.
Just a heads up: it is a stat holiday in British Columbia today. :D
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Hi, Wordgypsy. The reason why they are being sold for $0 is because the client already owns the license. It seems they forgot they owned the article (one was from 2012), and then when they are searching the catalog they see the same article come up again for free. Our dev is working on fixing that glitch so it doesn’t come up for sale for the client at zero dollars because they already own the license. Rest assured that this is already being addressed.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

constant-content wrote:Hi, Wordgypsy. The reason why they are being sold for $0 is because the client already owns the license. It seems they forgot they owned the article (one was from 2012), and then when they are searching the catalog they see the same article come up again for free. Our dev is working on fixing that glitch so it doesn’t come up for sale for the client at zero dollars because they already own the license. Rest assured that this is already being addressed.
Hi, I reported this problem as long ago as August of 2015. I've had many articles picked up at zero dollars because of this glitch. I was told back then, more than a year and a half ago, that the problem was being addressed. If it is, great, but I think you might understand why I have my doubts. Thanks for the response. I do appreciate your time in responding. On a similar note, my usage articles are still selling for unique and full rights, which might be a related problem. I first reported this problem years ago, but it is still happening.