Waiting Status

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Word Gypsy

Waiting Status

Post by Word Gypsy »

Can CC tell me who is handling articles stuck in the "waiting status" these days? I'd like to have mine released from this dormant state. I've sent multiple emails, but the articles are still stuck - some of them since JANUARY!
HiredGun

Re: Waiting Status

Post by HiredGun »

Word Gypsy wrote:Can CC tell me who is handling articles stuck in the "waiting status" these days? I'd like to have mine released from this dormant state. I've sent multiple emails, but the articles are still stuck - some of them since JANUARY!
I have previously encountered the same issue. My understanding is that clients have 5 business days to purchase an article after placing it in their shopping basket (I track all waiting status articles). Requests for removal from shopping baskets go unresolved, so now I just delete and resubmit articles that are stuck in waiting status. (I will sometimes tweak the article title.)
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Thanks. I've done the same thing in the past, but I am getting tired of having to delete, resubmit, and wait for approval. It would be nice if CC handled this problem like they did in the past. Perhaps, a simple fix that gives authors the ability to reclaim the articles would save time and trouble for everyone instead of filling up the editing queue. It would also be nice if authors had the option to release articles stuck to a request rather than having to delete, resubmit, and wait for approval.
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

> option to release articles stuck to a request

Seconded. It genuinely puts me off writing for requests, having to set up reminders to go through the delete/resubmit process if it doesn't sell.
PoetPrincess85

Post by PoetPrincess85 »

Gauderbock wrote:> option to release articles stuck to a request

Seconded. It genuinely puts me off writing for requests, having to set up reminders to go through the delete/resubmit process if it doesn't sell.
I thought articles that were submitted for a request automatically opened up for anyone to purchase after 7 days? If not, this would explain why none of my articles written for requests have sold if they weren't purchased by the person that requested them...
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

It's supposed to work like that, but in my experience the majority of unsold articles get stuck in limbo...
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Can CC staff let us know if they intend to begin handling these issues ever again? It might make more sense to do so rather than having authors resubmit and giving the editors more work to do when the content has already gone through this process. Perhaps a simple "release this content to the general pool" button would be an easy fix? Thanks in advance for your response.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

PoetPrincess85 wrote:
I thought articles that were submitted for a request automatically opened up for anyone to purchase after 7 days? If not, this would explain why none of my articles written for requests have sold if they weren't purchased by the person that requested them...
It used to be like that but not anymore.