Please give us access again to update keywords and prices

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

PaulMaplesden

Please give us access again to update keywords and prices

Post by PaulMaplesden »

A request to Constant Content - Please allow us to edit the keywords and pricing on articles that have already been accepted. I know that we *used* to be able to do this, and that the facility was taken away. I had to delete and resubmit old articles, which were then rejected (even though nothing had changed but KW and price.) Needless to say, this is frustrating and time-consuming for authors (and, I am sure, for editors).

If you could re-enable price and keyword editing, we'd be able to reduce prices (to encourage sales) and add keywords (to make articles easier to find.) We could also devote the time saved to creating new content for sale on the site - Everybody wins.
HiredGun

Re: Please give us access again to update keywords and price

Post by HiredGun »

PaulMaplesden wrote:A request to Constant Content - Please allow us to edit the keywords and pricing on articles that have already been accepted. I know that we *used* to be able to do this, and that the facility was taken away. I had to delete and resubmit old articles, which were then rejected (even though nothing had changed but KW and price.) Needless to say, this is frustrating and time-consuming for authors (and, I am sure, for editors).

If you could re-enable price and keyword editing, we'd be able to reduce prices (to encourage sales) and add keywords (to make articles easier to find.) We could also devote the time saved to creating new content for sale on the site - Everybody wins.
Have you tried changing prices/keywords using a different browser?
PaulMaplesden

Post by PaulMaplesden »

Well, I'll be - It works in MS Edge - Thanks for the tip!
Constant

Post by Constant »

We didn't intend to remove that functionality; which browser was it not working for you in? I'll have a look and get that fixed asap.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

PaulMaplesden wrote:Well, I'll be - It works in MS Edge - Thanks for the tip!
You're welcome, Paul. I knew I was still able to adjust prices/keywords, so figured it must just be a browser issue. :D
PaulMaplesden

Post by PaulMaplesden »

Constant wrote:We didn't intend to remove that functionality; which browser was it not working for you in? I'll have a look and get that fixed asap.
It's Google Chrome - Version 45.0.2454.85 m; I did try clearing cache, cookies etc and no joy.

I *can* make updates in Microsoft Edge.

Thanks for looking into this.
ScottBrodie

Post by ScottBrodie »

I'm trying to update the usage price on an article. Thus far, I've tried Chrome, Safari and IE. I don't have access to Edge -- anyone know of a browser you can do this in?
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I have the same problem and I use Firefox, but have tried IE and Chrome as well. :(
dbvirago

Post by dbvirago »

I just changed several of mine using Chrome.