Green font color on new site

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Constant

Re: Green font color on new site

Post by Constant »

Quick update everyone. We've made some changes today:

1) Clicking logo taking you to dashboard when logged in
2) Requested Content link added to the main navigation again

I expect we'll have some design adjustments going live tomorrow that will address some of the concerns brought up here, particularly with the Requested Content page.
JasmineStone

Post by JasmineStone »

I know there are a few issues with the new site that need to be worked out, but the new design looks so much more professional than the old one, and it's much easier to use on my tablet. Well done CC :)
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Just chiming in with the majority to say that I hope all the green font text throughout the site can be changed to something else with better contrast!

Thanks for putting in the direct link to requests. That page isn't user-friendly though, as others have said.

I also wanted to mention that due dates don't show for me on the calendar on the My Projects page, not the end of the world, but would be nice!
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Thanks for making some of those changes so quickly. Logging into the dashboard area and having one-click access to requests are both awesome!

FYI, when logging in to the new site on my phone, I noticed that most of the buttons and green links don't work! The main navigation links work fine, but things like the "complete" button in requests and "view request details" didn't respond at all. I was using an iPhone 6 running the latest iOS version (if that makes any difference).
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Requested content page MUCH better! Now blue! Lovely! I hope that the people who had real problems with the green text will find it better....
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

I agree! I can read the requested content page well enough to eliminate cut and paste for me! And I do so appreciate that. Thanks Eric and CC for addressing issues so quickly.
JessicaMayfield

Post by JessicaMayfield »

The "Log In" button vanishes when I place my cursor over it on the new site design. Below it appears a check box with no text associated with it. I'm guessing it's a "Remember Me" item.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

I'm using Firefox and I noticed a couple of issues today.

In the content editor the buttons for changing the kind of font and size don't match up with the icon on top of the button - they're pushed off to the side a bit.

When I pasted and saved my submission in the usual way, suddenly every paragraph had three spaces between them. I used single spacing in Word and did it exactly the way I always have. Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, in the requests section it still says the number of articles "submited."

CC is doing a great job sorting out the new site, though. :)

Abba
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I've noticed that some private request articles are showing as available for public sale. I'm guessing this is a glitch that needs correcting.

I also use Firefox and notice the same issues as Abbamay!
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Hi CC,

Could you please let me know if I have to do something different when submitting my articles, or if there's a problem with the submission form on the new site? When I submit my articles the one space between each paragraph suddenly becomes three spaces and I have to delete the extra ones and save it again.

Thanks.

Abba
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

I've got the same problem that someone else mentioned. When I paste something into the content editor it goes straight to the top of the page and I can't paste it anywhere else. The extra spacing is still appearing between paragraphs too.
ScriptMaster

Post by ScriptMaster »

Hi Abbamay,

Try pasting text into a plain text editor first, copy that and then paste into CC. That should eliminate the spacing problem but it may also destroy any special formatting.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Oh, that's interesting ScriptMaster. Thanks so much for that!! I'll try it.

Abba