Vanishing Writer Pool Requests

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

monkeypie

Vanishing Writer Pool Requests

Post by monkeypie »

Just now, I received a flurry of new emails, each one a notice of a newly-posted writer pool job. Dozens of them! I clicked immediately and found nothing.

I have been on this team a while, and I do a lot of writing for the client.

I have a feeling something is wrong with the CC request system, or the writer pools or SOMETHING. It seems unlikely that every one of the requests was snapped up in twelve seconds.

Is anyone else having this irksome problem? :shock:
Constant

Re: Vanishing Writer Pool Requests

Post by Constant »

Revisions come through faster on the site (in the Notifications tab) than they do via email, so if writers are on the site they'll see the requests before you do if you're relying on email. The project you're on has quite a large team to handle larger volumes of content, so if a smaller batch comes in it's likely the requests will get snapped up quickly.
monkeypie

Post by monkeypie »

Thank you, Constant, for the speedy reply.

I am logged into the CC site now, and will refresh my page periodically in lieu of relying on email notifications.

--kpc
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

I was disappointed not to nab any of these requests (assuming they are from the same customer)....I tried to log into the site and claim some but I couldn't get on to it for ages and then my claims weren't registering. This happens when it's very busy, happened last time there were loads of these requests but I got a couple of those in the end, unlike these ones. It feels like a bit of a feeding frenzy! :( Maybe the new site will cope better with this issue. Hope so..