Block Offers from Specific Customers

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JasmineStone

Block Offers from Specific Customers

Post by JasmineStone »

I used to allow offers on all articles...it was a good way to make multiple sales for usage and I could always reject low ball offers. But I stopped allowing offers because of one customer that continually makes offers on scores of articles at a time and then never buys anything...it's just a waste of time keep coming onto the site to accept/decline offers on articles that are never bought anyway. And I know I'm not the only writer who's had this issue with this customer. Please add the option to block offers from specific customers so that I can start ticking the offers box again. Or at least put a restriction on the ratio of offers/sales a customer can make.
light87

Re: Block Offers from Specific Customers

Post by light87 »

I don't think that's fair tbh.

How would you like it if you were a customer on like Ebay and you get the message: "seller has blocked you from ever making offers to any of their products." Idk that would just drive customers away. And if customers get driven away then we start selling less, and if we start selling less then CC starts making less.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

They don't have to tell the customer. They could just auto-reject if the customer has been blocked by the writer.
JasmineStone

Post by JasmineStone »

light87 wrote:I don't think that's fair tbh.

How would you like it if you were a customer on like Ebay and you get the message: "seller has blocked you from ever making offers to any of their products." Idk that would just drive customers away. And if customers get driven away then we start selling less, and if we start selling less then CC starts making less.
I don't make scores of offers for no apparent reason. Plus, eBay sellers don't have to take time out of their working day to keep accepting\rejecting dozens of offers.

It wouldn't drive genuine customers away. As Lysis said, there's no reason the customer has to know they're blocked anyway.