Spelling errors on Constant Content's own site?

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

escturtle

Spelling errors on Constant Content's own site?

Post by escturtle »

I find it very disturbing that there are many spelling errors or typos on the Constant Content's own web content. For example, the word "submission" is misspelled on many CC info or form pages. Today I received a public request and in the CC part of the form (NOT what the client filled out), the word "repetition" is misspelled as "repition". I have seen other examples as well...

I'm aware that this is unsolicited editing and criticism (please forgive me!), yet for the sake of promoting consistent professionalism on Constant Content - which I believe is a goal of CC, I wanted to point out these amateur flaws. I hope that such errors do not jeopardize the trust of CC customers.
Lysis

Re: Spelling errors on Constant Content's own site?

Post by Lysis »

If you find that disturbing, you should get out on the internet more. It'll rock your world.
escturtle

Post by escturtle »

LOL! you are so right

but on a Writers' Site, I expected more... alas, my bubble was burst, and I'll live with the disappointment :cry:
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

I've noticed a number of errors myself. They probably aren't a huge deal, but… If I were a client browsing around a website that marketed itself on its ability to provide high quality, well written content, I think I might be put off by the number of simple mistakes on the website itself. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Well, since Constant reads here, I'm sure it would help to point out where you found errors. Just saying "I found errors" doesn't really help. I'm sure there is an editor joke in there somewhere. :P
ScriptMaster

Post by ScriptMaster »

I completely agree with the OP. if I were trying to source material and came across a content site with errors on the site, i would immediately look somewhere else. It is particularly ironic when CC imposes such high editorial standards on submitted content. Why not get an editor to check out CC's own content before using it?