CC App?

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

abbysix

CC App?

Post by abbysix »

Not sure if this is feasible, but it would be great to have a smart phone app for CC authors. Not that I would ever submit via iPhone or anything, but would be great for keeping track of our account, checking on the status of our submissions, and claiming writer pool requests. For some reason, if I'm not at my computer and I want to see what the day's public requests are or check on any sales, it takes for eh ver to load Constant-Content using my phone's browser. Just a thought!
tayalltheway

Re: CC App?

Post by tayalltheway »

Ooh, agreed! This would be excellent for claiming pool requests in particular.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I'm actually working on one myself. Elance has an API and they gave me an auth key for, but CC would be straight up scraping. I wonder if they'd get annoyed by that.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

i'd love to be able to make tiny edits or consult requests while away form my computer. it would extent my working hours into other times when I am away.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

This would be great. The CC website isn't very mobile friendly at all at the moment.
abbysix

Post by abbysix »

Lysis wrote:I'm actually working on one myself. Elance has an API and they gave me an auth key for, but CC would be straight up scraping. I wonder if they'd get annoyed by that.
Keep us posted on how that goes!
dbvirago

Post by dbvirago »

+1 on this. I'm about to go on a trip and I just looked through the Google Play store to see if there was one, then came here to see if one was mentioned.
topquark

Post by topquark »

Personally, I don't find the site at all difficult to access via a mobile browser, since it doesn't have a lot of fancy features to mess things up.

I would use an app if it was compatible with my OS (Android 2.3.6). A lot of new apps aren't.