Can't submit article - gives me Incapsula error

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Lysis

Can't submit article - gives me Incapsula error

Post by Lysis »

This is what I get when I try to submit my article. My article is so ronery..soo ronery.

ReneeF

Re: Can't submit article - gives me Incapsula error

Post by ReneeF »

Whoa, never seen that before!
Scary stuff
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

So, in case anyone else is having this problem. Switched from my cable to DSL, no dice. Tried my VPN but CC apparently doesn't like my VPN and won't connect. I sent a support ticket through the contact form.

All other pages work except the submission form. Haven't tried the resubmission process yet, but will soon.

ETA: Oh, and slept on it thinking maybe the system thought I was hitting it too fast? So maybe it would go away after a few hours, but nope.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Resubmission process works.

So, I guess it's just blocking what it thinks is automated article submissions. I didn't think I was that fast, but okay.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Yay I am back. Mucho thanks, CC.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Lysis:

Did you ever find out for sure what caused the Incapsula error? Just received an Incapsula error; not sure if it will go away after 24 hours or how I go about rectifying the situation. Am running a malware scan, but other than that, not sure what else to do. Have emailed Support...

Edited to add: Can now access the Constant Content site again. Not sure what caused the Incapsula warning. :?:

Thanks!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Been a while, so I can't remember much. I can barely remember what I did yesterday. :)

I think it's from corrupted, odd characters in the submission IIRC or trying to submit something that's picked up as code. I am trying to remember, but I think I was trying to submit HTML or something like that in the form. They have it set up where certain characters won't go through to avoid XSS.

ETA: Well, gee... I just got it while trying to submit this reply, so must be something else.

Maybe they are blocking IP ranges for something?
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Lysis wrote:Been a while, so I can't remember much. I can barely remember what I did yesterday. :)

I think it's from corrupted, odd characters in the submission IIRC or trying to submit something that's picked up as code. I am trying to remember, but I think I was trying to submit HTML or something like that in the form. They have it set up where certain characters won't go through to avoid XSS.

ETA: Well, gee... I just got it while trying to submit this reply, so must be something else.

Maybe they are blocking IP ranges for something?
At least it's not just me. Must be something gimpy on CC's end.
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

I've been having the problem since late morning (EST) - and I have tried to post to this thread 3 times and get the same message. Not sure if it will work this time or not.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I had this problem for hours yesterday.....so frustrating. WG~