Articles and Shopping Carts

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ThreeCreeks

Articles and Shopping Carts

Post by ThreeCreeks »

Hello,

I am a new author here, and I am very happy to be here. I do have one little, tiny nitpick, though :mrgreen: .

It is regarding the ability of clients to take articles out of the sales pool and keep them in a cart for days on end. I don't see any reason why this is necessary, and I think it is wrong.

If a client is interested in an article, they should have two options. Buy it or don't. They should not be able to put it in a shopping cart, so that it can't be sold to someone else, while they decide if they want it or not.

If this is an issue with the payment process, then that process needs fixing. Clients should have their PayPal accounts verified and approved before they can take an article. If this wouldn't let them pay for an article immediately upon choosing it -- I don't know how the system for buying articles works -- then they should be required to have an escrow account here or some other method of payment.

At the very least, we should have the ability to remove the article from the shopping cart and place it back into circulation at any time.

This system needs fixing. It is not right that our products should be made unavailable for sale for days at a time for any reason.

Rant Over.

Thanks and regards,

Adrian
iamyownboss

Re: Articles and Shopping Carts

Post by iamyownboss »

I completely agree. Two of my very early articles were placed in someone's shopping cart for days on end and I had to contact support to get them released. I waited for about a week because a few clients pay by e-check, which can apparently take many days to clear. It was about 2 weeks later that they were finally released.
BTW, welcome to CC!