File Upload Dates

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

MicheleH

File Upload Dates

Post by MicheleH »

With one of my recently submitted articles, the editor found problems.

I revised the piece and uploaded.

The editor reviewed the old version and mentioned that I hadn't fixed the original errors. When I noticed that their suggested corrections referred to a paragraph that I had removed, I realized that they had to have reviewed the wrong file.

I don't know what the editors see, but I've see anywhere from 2 to 6 files on the edit screen for this piece.

I'm wondering if it would be something useful for everyone to include a column on the edit screen that displayed when each file was uploaded. That way the editors wouldn't have to play guess which file and writers would know whether or not they actually uploaded the latest version.

Please understand, I'm not complaining. A simple mistake was made and corrected. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this sort of thing only happens once or twice a year and I just got lucky. :wink:
Evelyn

Re: File Upload Dates

Post by Evelyn »

Multiple versions make a lot of folks nervous, and it's amazing the editors don't get confused more often. This is something I'm sure the web master is working on. Meanwhile, name each subsequent draft with a different version number--that'll help the editors out.