Writing content that sells

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Hannah047

Writing content that sells

Post by Hannah047 »

I am returning to CC after practicing at Textbroker for a year. I just read on this site that 80% of content is purchased from writer's catalogues. Will someone help out and suggest if that is the route to take? I was focusing on the inbox requests, as far as choosing a topic.

The point is not knowing if your article will sell is a bit scary, especially when there aren't any other worthwhile streams of income coming into the household. Moreover, taking the time and much effort with research and writing and then not selling it is depressing to say the least.

I appreciate any input you can provide.

Thanks in advance,
Hannah
Celeste Stewart

Re: Writing content that sells

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Public requests have been good for me. If they don't sell, then they go in the general catalog. I like writing for public requests because at least you know there's a customer right now wanting an article on the specified topic.

If you have 10 or more articles accepted and an overall acceptance rate of 60%, consider applying to some of the writing pools. If accepted, you can "claim" assignments that interest you - a little less risk. It's kind of like a blend between public and private requests. Welcome back!
Hannah047

Re: Writing content that sells

Post by Hannah047 »

Dear Celeste, Have been to doctor's appt's, etc. all day. Just now logged on.

Thank you so VERY much for replying. I had the feeling it would be you. You don't know how much encouragement and good wishes mean when needed. Again, thank you. I got pretty confident at Textbroker, but this is a whole different ball game, and I'm a bit nervous. I've been wanting to return to CC for so long.

I don't do my articles as quickly as I would like, but that is my problem. So, if you don't see a submission, it's because I'm researching and/or writing.

I'll go with the requests (and not blame you - LOL). Didn't think about the fact that they may go into the catalog if not accepted.

God bless. It'll come back to you. Helping people always does.
Sincerely,
Hannah (Ann)