Queue Getting Backed Up Again?

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

MicheleH

Queue Getting Backed Up Again?

Post by MicheleH »

Title pretty much says it all.

Submitted a piece for a request that has a number of openings. Was hoping to vie for a number of pieces but if I can't get the first one through to the buyer? sigh
cbhrbooth

Re: Queue Getting Backed Up Again?

Post by cbhrbooth »

I saw a message on the home page that there was a higher than normal number of submissions, so the approval process was slower than normal.
MicheleH

Post by MicheleH »

Timing is everything. :roll:
MicheleH

Post by MicheleH »

Any chance for an editor to admit how backed up we are? I've got an article still waiting since the 18th. It was immediately bounced for formatting. I fixed, uploaded and resubmitted it the same day. Just wondering if it's even still in the queue or if it got lost in limbo somewhere.
SEDeary

Post by SEDeary »

Hmmm, I was wondering the same thing. I submitted my last article on the 24th and haven't heard of it yet. Usually it takes them 1 or 2 days to send me feed back.
I've been holding back my articles (I'm not a patient person), because I'm not sure if I should keep submitting articles or not. I'm still new here :? Any thoughts?
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

If you don't submit the article it will not be in the queue and it will never be reviewed. If you submit 2 articles every day you will generally have 2 approved a day, regardless of how many articles are in the queue and how long it takes. If you think CC is slow, try selling to print!
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Jade has a good point. If you don't submit them, they'll *never* get through the system. If you do, it may take a few days, maybe even a week or more, but they'll eventually get through.
SEDeary

Post by SEDeary »

Thanks Jadedragon and Celeste! You are always so helpful!

I guess I'm so terrified by the 3 strike rule that I panic if I don't hear from the editors (did I say I was new here?). :oops: I'm not as experienced as you, so I don't have the confidence to submit 2 articles a day and not hear from them. Sigh... I guess I have to practice my writing, patience and self-confidence.

Thanks again! :)