Funny stuff with my content

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Mooreinspire

Funny stuff with my content

Post by Mooreinspire »

I haven't been around for a while because I've been working on my own business and writing for Demand Media. I come back and the typeface on all my articles has changed. And now my keyword analysis is screwy. There are words in the analysis that don't fit what my articles say at all. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I just sent a note to the editors.
:twisted: :evil:
Celeste Stewart

Re: Funny stuff with my content

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I haven't noticed anything with the keywords, though I haven't looked at those in ages. As far as the font goes, CC changed to an image display rather than pure text to stop the scrapers from stealing our content.
Jaye

Post by Jaye »

Yes! I'm getting the same thing. When I click to view any of my articles I get a message telling me they are sold (which I doubt they are), or awaiting approval. Just noticed it now. And the keyword analysis has things like 'times' and 'roman' which I take to mean the font 'times new roman' - but nothing to do with my articles whatsoever.
Jaye

Post by Jaye »

Just went back to check. Every single article of mine has the 'sold' message. And every keyword analysis has words like 'courier', 'arial', 'tahoma', 'times' etc. Help.
Mooreinspire

Post by Mooreinspire »

I really like the quality editing I get at ConstantContent, but there are too many weird things going on with the site and the theft is really irritating. I do freelance as second income and it is so much easier for me to make money at DemandMedia. They have their own set of issues, but I get paid for 98% of the stories I write. Having the stories of view here is a big problem because article spinning is making theft really big business. I wish there was a way you guys could do what you do without leaving writers open to attack. None of my articles are marked sold, but most of them have the keywords messed up. :(
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

CC recently implemented an image of the sample content rather than actual text which I believe will dramatically reduce theft. After all, thieves are lazy so it's doubtful that many would type the words that they see in the sample images when they can go somewhere else and scrape text with software.