Spammy Forum

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JStone

Spammy Forum

Post by JStone »

Would it not be possible to make it so that only CC writers/customers can join/post in the forum?

I appreciate that CC clean up spam quickly but it seems to get reposted by spammers just as fast, and it looks really unprofessional for potential new customers having a look around.
Evelyn

Re: Spammy Forum

Post by Evelyn »

Thanks for noticing that we try to get the spam cleaned up as fast as possible. There are four or five of us on the Spam Team but Celeste Stewart is our captain. If you send support a message through the Contact Us link, they might be willing to add one more person to the brigade.

Spammers are smarter than humans. They defeat defense systems before they're even put into place. This forum has multiple layers of defenses and more are added as the opportunity comes up. In the end, humans have to mop up the few that do get through, and humans have to use the forum--making it impossible for spammers also makes it impossible for humans.

C'mon, join the team! Defeat spam and bring liberty and justice to all! :D
JStone

Re: Spammy Forum

Post by JStone »

Lol, I'm not sure that spam-reduction constitutes liberty and justice for all (?!) but I'd be happy to help out.

Hopefully, they'll invent a foolproof way to stop spammers one day. Thanks for replying :)