CC purchase rating in emails about public requests

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

happywriter

CC purchase rating in emails about public requests

Post by happywriter »

Please could CC include the CC purchase rating of customers requesting work through public requests in the emails that CC sends us?
Thanks and regards,
Happywriter
Debbi

Re: CC purchase rating in emails about public requests

Post by Debbi »

That would be a nice addition. So far every article I have submitted to a customer with a 0 purchase rating has not only not been purchased, but not even looked at by that customer. Also, when I check back in the Requested Content list, the 0 rating customers don't seem to ever buy anything.

What has everyone else observed?
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

That is true most of the time. However, they may just be new to CC. I once submitted 3 articles to a client with a 0 purchase rating and a high payout. I think most authors ignored it since she had no rating. She purchased 2 of the articles at $125 and the third at $100! I do generally avoid the no purchase rating clients though unless the order looks serious or I happen to have articles already on my portfolio.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

One of my best CC clients had a 0 purchase rating - and everyone else ignored him. He's been awesome.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

I'm glad to hear some people have had positive results. I usually only respond to a 0 rating if I already know something about the subject. Responding to a public request can get your work approved faster, so even if the customer doesn't read it, the article's out there :)
MichaelOBryan

Post by MichaelOBryan »

I'd like to second the idea to include ratings in emails. Celeste is probably right about finding a gem customer, but there do seem to be a lot of people who get excited about having some work done and then ADD away...