We're getting a facelift!

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Re: We're getting a facelift!

Post by Judith »

GaryBourque wrote:The site looks discombobulated in Google Chrome. Also the Contact Button doesn't work at all, say invalid page.
I'm going to take a little guess here. It may be that this site's software doesn't recognize chrome as a browser they support. Chrome is new and it may not have been added to the recognized list but there is a way to work around it called agent spoofing which tricks the site into thinking that Chrome is one of the other browsers it does support.
ConstantEric

Post by ConstantEric »

Judith wrote:
GaryBourque wrote:The site looks discombobulated in Google Chrome. Also the Contact Button doesn't work at all, say invalid page.
I'm going to take a little guess here. It may be that this site's software doesn't recognize chrome as a browser they support. Chrome is new and it may not have been added to the recognized list but there is a way to work around it called agent spoofing which tricks the site into thinking that Chrome is one of the other browsers it does support.
We're not doing any browser sniffing so Chrome should be supported. I actually use Chrome as my default browser and I haven't run into any issues with the site not displaying correctly.

@Gary what version of Chrome are you using and on which OS? Please try logging out of your account and refreshing the page.
GaryBourque

Post by GaryBourque »

I cleared my browsing data and it fixed the problem. But it did look weird on Google Chrome.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Please - can you add a "remember me" tick box? My email address is way too long to enter manually each time. It's a pain. Sometimes IE auto-fills it for me, but most of the time it doesn't.
Constant

Post by Constant »

Celeste Stewart wrote:Please - can you add a "remember me" tick box? My email address is way too long to enter manually each time. It's a pain. Sometimes IE auto-fills it for me, but most of the time it doesn't.
This should be coming soon.