Buyer's Notifications

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Zabrina

Buyer's Notifications

Post by Zabrina »

Okay, maybe I'm being thick and this has already been suggested, but why not try, huh? :)

I know buyers can set it up so they are notified when articles matching specific keywords are approved. Can we see which keywords these are somehow?

For instance, a listing of keywords people have set up notifications for like:

"losing weight" (8 customers)
"drug detox" (3 customers)
"best widgets" (2 customers)

Then we could easily judge how much demand there is for a topic that might not be covered extensively yet, after all, and we can't write targeted articles if we don't know what people want to see.

Just a thought. :D
Antonia

Re: Buyer's Notifications

Post by Antonia »

I see what you mean. I think this is a great idea. I imagine some customers don't use the request system at all, so this would help us target everyone's needs better.
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

I agree. Great idea.
WordCraft

Post by WordCraft »

And/or a feature for authors that reports the fequency of search words/phrases input into the search box by site visitors per day/week/month?
dmgray

Post by dmgray »

Great idea. I know there is the function to look at recently searched topics but that only really informs us of the latest searches made by random visitors, it is not a very good indicator of the latest popular keywords. The main keyword popularity list is fairly staic, in fact I don't think it has altered since I joined!

Having a weekly set of updated keywords would allow authors to see what terms customers are using and allow us to target those search queries and to possible modify our choices when compiling keyword list for our article submissions.

Personally, my keyword lists can be huge and I would love the chance to be able to provide more targeted keywords and save a bit of time.