Articles with Photos

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Lyndsey

Articles with Photos

Post by Lyndsey »

When I searched articles with photos, I found that Ed states that photos that are not the author's own may not be used according to writers guidelines. I couldn't locate this in the writer's guidelines that I read under submissions.

In travel articles, as well as many others, photos enhance the article both from a reader's view and from the SEO value in Captions and links to photos.

Is there a way to include photos for which permission has been granted (in writing)?

If we can't include photos within the articles, is there a way to offer a link from the specific article to the recommended photo? E.g. Sunbathing on one of AAA's top-ten North American beaches, often means battling for a beach-towel-size space. At XYZ Beach, seclusion enhances the white sands experience <http://www.cc.com/photo-of-top-ten-beac ... -sands.jpg> and ensures peaceful pleasure for sun-seekers.

If we can't link, may we refer to a specific recommended photo?
How should we suggest access to it if we can't offer the links, as they are not acceptable in articles?

There is a referral link for authors. Is there one for photographers? I'm in touch with some amateur photographers that take world class photos; coffee table quality photos are among them. For articles on other sites, I've worked out a shared revenue, depending on the number of photos I use. If I can't add them to my articles, but I recommend the photographers sign up with CC and post their shots on CC, is there a similar referral link/5% payout?

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

:)
Lyn
Ed

Re: Articles with Photos

Post by Ed »

We cannot accept articles with photos that are not the author's own, even when permission has been granted, simply because we cannot keep track of these permissions.

Mention of accompanying photo uploaded to Constant Content can be included in the short summary, but may not be included in the document file.

Thank you,
Ed
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

I presume that you would get a 5% referral for all content sold, including photos. Mind you very few photos sell here.
Lyndsey

Post by Lyndsey »

Thank you,
:)
Lyn
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

Also, it's very possible the buyer already has photos in mind and is just looking for content to go with it. Travel article do sell here, even without photos.
Lyndsey

Post by Lyndsey »

Thanks Elizabeth,

I know they might not need them, but I discovered this AMAZING photographer who shoots hundreds of thousands of photos and they are breathtaking. They make you say, "Oh, I wish I were there." I wrote my article after being inspired by his photos. A walk through my article followed a walk through his slide show. LOL :)

I will encourage him to join here. I just wondered if there were a way to let the buyer know that incredible-paragraph-matching photos are available.

Thanks for you inputs.

Lyn