Bouncing Back

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JTILLMAN9693

Bouncing Back

Post by JTILLMAN9693 »

Hello:

I am fairly new to CC and had a question. It's more than likely a common one but wanted to ask anyway. I didn't experience any problems when I first submitted content on cc but then it seemed the the approval process became more restrictive. After early success, I had a couple of rejected articles and I chose to take a break for about 6 weeks in an attept to recognize why the approved articles were successful and to determine what was wrong with the rejected articles. I have a lot of ideas for potential articles now but find myself hesitating as I don't know if the next rejection will result in suspension. Any helpful suggestions/ideas to this posting would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
JT3
jadedragon

Re: Bouncing Back

Post by jadedragon »

see below.
Last edited by jadedragon on Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jadedragon

Re: Bouncing Back

Post by jadedragon »

Strategy would depend on why your articles got bounced. If you just made some silly errors or submitted in the wring format, fix and resubmit right away. If your rejection notice was some kind version of "your writing stinks" then you need to reevaluate. Generally you will not get rejected for ideas and concepts but rather for writing errors. Read the reasons for rejection carefully against the articles. Run them through a good spelling and grammar checker. Reword more concisely by taking out 20% of your words. Reword to eliminate passive sentences and unclear thoughts.

You made the cut several times so obviously you can do good work. Just step up your game and keep writing. The three strikes rule is more to bounce writers who can not come up to CC standards (written perfection) and does not seem to apply to writers who miss minor issues or make occasional mistakes.