News Items - Time Sensivite Articles

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jbosari

News Items - Time Sensivite Articles

Post by jbosari »

Hi, I was just wondering if there is a way your system can prioritize news pieces. News sells well, but by the time it gets approved, it's old. Any plans to create a news segment with quicker approval? Thanks!
Constant

Re: News Items - Time Sensivite Articles

Post by Constant »

Its a good idea, and we can look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

DK
Lee

Post by Lee »

I vote for this too. I'm hesitating to upload anything time sensitive because of the length of time it seems to take to review articles, even those submitted for a request. I'm a new writer here, so I hope I'm not out of line to comment on this.
ecdoran

Post by ecdoran »

I third this. I wrote a time sensitive article in response to a public request, but the request was filled before I got a chance to finish the article and submit it. There isn't a chance the article will sell after non-request approval. It's old by then.

I guess you live and learn :) I'll avoid those requests in the future. At least the article was short!
Ed

Post by Ed »

Content with a long shelf life will always be more valuable. Writers who offer content that is as relevant today as it was when they wrote it may see their work sell eventually. News items, however, have a very short period of relevancy.

Even webmasters who offer holiday content try to get their content up months in advance to ensure that search engines have time to rank their content.

Thanks,
Ed