NICE upgrade

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Lysis

NICE upgrade

Post by Lysis »

Love the "recently searched" addition guys. That is awesome!
eek

Re: NICE upgrade

Post by eek »

Seconded! That feature is fantastic!
(For befuddled brains like mine, go to the "recently sold" page and click the tab at the top for "search topics." )
Emma
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Thirded! No more guessing what customers want...this is great! And we can take the search terms and type them into http://tools.seobook.com/keyword-tools/seobook/ to get ideas for micro-niches to write about.

Regarding the first word under Popular Topics, I wonder if customers are really so desperate for articles to purchase on the topic or if they just want to read about it for their own pleasure.... ;)
Jmercer

Post by Jmercer »

Lysis,

I agree, but be careful about trusting it too much. I found my own search listed on the first page, although I had just been checking to make sure that someone else had not written about it yet ;).

p.s. Hi from Demand Studios (JennM)
eek

Post by eek »

Wow. Apparently we can see which authors are being looked up as well. (Antonia, you just popped up on the list!)
This sure does make it easier when my to-do file runs dry. I like it. :D
Thank you, thank you, Constant, David Kool, etc.!
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

JM,

I was just going to say the same thing. From time to time I will search for topics I'm interested in writing about to see if the site is overloaded with them. Maybe in some distant future Support could filter out searches by Authors. But I'm so happy this feature has been added! Don't want to get too greedy :)

Woohoo, Antonia! Everyone's seraching for you!

Debbi
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

My name popped up only because another author was recently searching for me in order to get an article proofread, not because I have hordes of devoted customers flocking to the search box....(but it doesn't hurt to dream...perhaps one day?!? :) )
eek

Post by eek »

I hadn't thought of author searches, JM & Debbi. But I still like the feature. I wouldn't be likely to choose a topic that I didn't like, anyway.

Keep up the great writing, Antonia. One day will come sooner than you think! :wink:
Zabrina

Post by Zabrina »

Wow, what a cool feature! I'm glad this was added. Thanks! :D
westernangel

Post by westernangel »

Found the "recently searched" and agree it's a great addition. However, I couldn't find the "authors being looked up" part that was mentioned in another message. Can you please explain where to find that? Thanks so much. Enjoy your weekend everyone. :D
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I think that one of the writer's name briefly appeared in the Search results. It's now been replaced by other recent searches.
westernangel

Post by westernangel »

Thanks for the quick reply Celeste.
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Great tool! And one more tantalizing reason for OCD!

Antonia, if you were referring to me, I did the search through the author search - in the page with Author's Hall of Fame and Expertise Areas? So guess this WAS a customer? Unless author searches are also reflected here?

Great going!

Best
CW
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Yesterday and today, I noticed the term "wall decor" in the search list and today there are six articles on wall and home decor in the Recently Sold. That suggests this recent searches tool is useful, as well as, as CW so accurately pointed out, another reson for OCD (as if I need another reason to constantly roam through CC instead of writing! :lol:)

Debbi