Topic Watch Alerts?

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Zabrina

Topic Watch Alerts?

Post by Zabrina »

Hmm, I just had a random idea... what if buyers could subscribe to be alerted whenever an article with a certain keyword is published? This could either be by category ("click here to be alerted when a new article is published in this category"), or by their own keywords ("enter a keyword and receive an alert when a new article with this keyword is published").

This might increase the number of buyers who return to the site, since I'm willing to bet many won't keep checking back every day or week for new articles in their category, and some might not be willing to put up a request. When they get an alert, they might go, "Oh, hey, cool," and check out the site again, maybe even purchase that article and others.

The other thing that could be incorporated is authors being able to view the most commonly subscribed-to keywords or categories. It would help both us and the buyers, without the hassle of setting up a request. (They might not know exactly what they're looking for, might not have an idea about their budget, etc.)

Just a thought. :)
Ed

Re: Topic Watch Alerts?

Post by Ed »

Actually, customers can already susbscribe to categories for watch lists.

Ed
Zabrina

Post by Zabrina »

Huh, so that's what they mean when they talk about people getting ideas from their subconscious that they actually saw somewhere... :oops: :lol:

How about watch lists for keywords?
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Customers can setup an RSS feed for specific search terms. No email alerts at this point, but if a customer puts a keyword into the search box and then clicks on the searches the RSS feed that is available from the search results page only contains articles that contain that keyword.

That said, perhaps a video on how to set this up would be a good idea!

-jrichards
DennisMartz

Post by DennisMartz »

So is this a bot that's putting all of these spam posts on the forums?

Seems there'd be some kind of spam-i-cide...
eek

Post by eek »

Annoying, isn't it? This forum's spamicide is the moderators. Actually, I think one of the reasons Celeste Stewart volunteered to be a moderator was to help clean up the spam, but I could be wrong about that. She's usually hanging out here, but I'm glad to see that she's not omnipresent. (No offense, Celeste, but your work ethic makes me feel like a lazy bum. Now, where did I put those bonbons?) :wink:
Emma
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yup, that's the exact reason why I volunteered!

It's not a work ethic, it's Internet addiction! No, seriously, I always have a CC tab open as I write and pop in periodically to zap those spammers. Looks like Ed got the ones you guys are talking about because they're gone and I didn't see them.
DennisMartz

Post by DennisMartz »

The spam must have seen ya coming Celeste...
(I heard that moderators carry big cans of RAID around with them)