Photo Rejections

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Word Gypsy

Photo Rejections

Post by Word Gypsy »

Is it possible to include a reason for photo rejections? They used to include them, but from what I have been reading in the forums, it sounds like they no longer do. I think it would be beneficial for everyone involved. Just a thought. WG
SamSimmons

Re: Photo Rejections

Post by SamSimmons »

I second that. For now I will stick with articles.
Constant

Post by Constant »

I will talk to the editor about this, but from my understanding, as opposed to articles which have some very basic qualifications for acceptance, photos are far more subjective as far as quality is concerned. I know that the editor tries to let people know when there is a time stamp, or the picture is blurry, but if the picture is boring, or if it is laid out poorly, it can be time consuming to go through a lengthy reason for rejection. I will encourage the editor to be a bit more clear about the rejection, but it may just be the nature of the beast. If have any suggestions please list them here and I will try to take them into consideration.

- David
SamSimmons

Post by SamSimmons »

Thanks David. I probably wont submit any more photos as that is not my strong suit. But if I do and it is rejected, it would be nice to know why.