Submitting Articles to Requests - Technical Hitch

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

HayleyWriter

Submitting Articles to Requests - Technical Hitch

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi,

This week I submitted articles to a public request for the first time since the new website was launched. The first time I clicked on the Is this for a Request box, and then selected the request, then the category for the article - in other words I followed the order on the submission form. However, when I clicked on submit, it came up with an error message and said I hadn't selected a request. There was nowhere to do so. I went out of the submission form and then tried again, but the same thing happened. Finally, I tried selecting the article category and sub category first, then clicking on the Is this for a Request box, and then selecting the request. This worked and I was able to submit my articles to the request. However, the order is counter-intuitive and it did take me several tries to figure it out. Is anyone else having similar experiences when submitting to public requests?

Hayley
eek

Re: Submitting Articles to Requests - Technical Hitch

Post by eek »

Yes. I have had to re-enter the information each time - I can't remember the process but what you described sounds familiar.
Emma
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hayley,
Yes, I have been experiencing the same problem. It would be nice to have the option for the category at the top of the submission form to avoid this scenario unless this glitch can be fixed.
WG
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Yes, the same thing happened to me when submitting for a public request. However, when the error message came, the box was there and I was able to resubmit.

CV
jak

Post by jak »

We've now been told in another thread that this glitch has been fixed. I didn't encounter it when I submitted this week. Thanks CC.