Email Delays - Sold Notices

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

SallyA

Re: Email Delays - Sold Notices

Post by SallyA »

I've noticed this too lately.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Hi Celeste and SallyA,

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into it.

-jrichards
Support
Constant-content.com
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

It was three days for me. I didn't get the "sold" email until three days after the article had actually sold. I just thought it was a mechanism built into the system just in case the customer changed their mind within the period they can do so.
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Yes, a couple of days definitely. On both occasions when I've had a sale recently (grinning from ear to ear!), I just logged in and found my article on the recently sold list.

CV
jak

Post by jak »

Me too.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Ah, spoke to soon in a different thread about "looks like sold messages work." Must've been my imagination or a fluke, but we're now back to the 24 hour delay. :(
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi Celeste,
I did think it was odd that it had been fixed for you and not for me! Yes, I am still receiving the sold email messages up to two full days after I notice the sale on the recently sold list.

Surely, there is a way to send an automatic message to the inbox at the same time as the article appears on the recently sold list. If CC has registered the sale in one place on the website, why not register it in another too. I notice that other messages in the inbox seem to be instantaneous, so I wonder why the sold messages are not.

Thanks jrichards for listening on the other issues! I know you will work to fix this one too.

Hayley
Celeste Stewart

I could have sworn the emails arrived the other day right away, but then it's been one of those weeks. Maybe I took a 24-hour break from my obsessive-complusive checking of the recently sold articles page. :)

It used to work just fine until a few months ago when the delay kicked in. I thought I saw a backdating type of thing going on a few weeks ago. Maybe the internal clock for that particular table is set incorrectly. Err, time/date stamp in the table, whatever they call that thingamajig. That could explain why it's consistently 24 hours for me in California and a different amount of hours for you in Australia.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

That could have something to do with it. The time difference does has an impact and it could be why it is taking even longer to get those messages. It's now 3pm on June 24 here, but 9.50pm on June 23 according to the forum's time. If the time delay for the email is set to be sent 24 hours after the recently sold table registers the sale, I wouldn't receive the message in my inbox until the following morning after it has been sent.

Still seems strange to have the time delay though!

Hayley
Celeste Stewart

Hayley, you can change the forum's time to match your time zone. Go to User Control Panel and then click on the Board Preferences tab. From there, pick your GMT time zone. You won't have to be living in the past so much :)

Time zones still trip me up. So, your day (my tomorrow) is nearly over and my today (your yesterday) hasn't yet ended? And yes, I love time travel stories.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

I don't think of it as living in the past - I'm in the future! I just have to wait until everyone else catches up with me. Actually, it's kind of handy having the forum times as the time over there, it helps me to know when NOT to expect a reply or a sale (ie your 3am!).

Have you ever read the Time Traveller's Wife?
evie

Post by evie »

I LOVE that book. Apparently they're making it into a film... I'm not convinced! I think the book made me cry for about 4 hours non-stop!
Celeste Stewart

Yes. And Diana Galbadon's (not sure of the spelling of her name) Outlander series. . . Loved those!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Just a little update - I never received email from my sales yesterday, but today I received emails.

Thanks IT dudes!
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Celeste,
I had emails arrive right away the other day as well, but it didn't last. I also had articles pending payment and as soon as the payment was processed, the sale went through and so did the email. It is fluky.
WG