Email Delays - Sold Notices

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Constant

Re: Email Delays - Sold Notices

Post by Constant »

Just so that everyone is aware. Emails go out when the sales are finished... immediately. We have no control over when they get there. Sometimes ISPs can queue up emails that Are automatically generated, or even prevent them from getting through entirely. We will keep on it, but the problem is not from our end.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Not sure about that as the notices do not show up in my CC inbox here on the site until 24 hours or so after they appear on the Recently Sold List. For example, I saw two sales yesterday but received the email notices today. This has been consistently going on for a couple of months.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Just wanted to add (it's no big deal to me, but I thought it was odd), that one of my sales (no, it wasn't private) did not show up on the "recently sold" list. It's not a big deal to me, but just wanted to give a heads up.
Celeste Stewart

Okay, so I'm not imagining things. This email appeared in my Constant-Content message box about an hour or so ago:

Constant Content
To Author Celeste Stewart
Subject Constant-Content Article Sold!
Sent On Mon, Jun 22 of 2009 at 06:53 PM
Congratulations on the sale of Twenty Twitterrific Customer Service Tweets .

Notice that it is dated with *yesterday's* date yet it just now sold about an hour ago. (It's 8:30 PM my time right now).

However, the article did not sell yesterday. It apparently sold today according to My Sales:
Document Type Price Order # Customer Category Date
Twenty Twitterrific Customer Service Tweets fullrights 13794 > Business > Online Business 06/23/2009

With the back dating, it seems as if the article sold and the email arrived at about the same time... So? Something is obviously up with the date settings somewhere with the sold notices. This doesn't seem to be a problem with any other notices, just this type. It's not that big of deal to me, but it's funky and I don't believe it has a thing to do with my ISP but something in the programming.

What's odd is that I've only noticed the backdating just now and then earlier this weekend. Mostly, an article sells and I see that it sold either via the Recently Sold list or My Sales. Then 24 hours later the notice appears in the CC messaging system. None of these ever make it to my ISP email address by the way which is why I check the My Sales page so often.
Celeste Stewart

Yay! It worked perfectly today. An article just sold a few minutes ago and I received the notice today, not tomorrow! No mismatched times, no delays, and the message arrived immediate in my CC inbox AND my email.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Hmm... I'll have to check the code on this. Nothing has changed since the yesterday, so there must still be something a little funny. I'll give you an update when I've had a chance to check things out.
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Had a sale ( the obsessive compulsive checking of the recently sold list!) on 29th June 09, as per the my sales table - and have not got an email yet ( 30th June as per the latest title in the recently sold list.

I think it is a counter/clock issue - because earlier the mail and the display in the recently sold list were happening simultaneously.

Canywriter
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

i just got the 'article sold' email 15 minutes ago, for the sale that happened on June 29th. Not a deal, but just feedback on the time gap.

Canywriter
Zabrina

Post by Zabrina »

I just got an email this morning about an article that sold on July 4th; the message just appeared this morning in my CC inbox and immediately in Gmail as well (which always delivers CC emails with lightning speed).