Where to submit typos found on site?

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JD

Where to submit typos found on site?

Post by JD »

Hi All

I can't remember the subject of the thread where we can post typos we've spotted on the site. I've noticed a couple in the 'About Us' page. Can someone please let me know so I can highlight these to CC. They may already have been picked up and are on the 'to do' list, but just in case...

Thanks.

Jane
Ed

Re: Where to submit typos found on site?

Post by Ed »

Sorry about that. It was my job to proofread that page and I got caught up in . . . catching up. You can go ahead and submit those that you see here. This is my reminder to take a good look at it.

Thanks!
JD

Post by JD »

OK, thanks, Ed.

Below are a few typos I found (my suggestions are in square brackets). I've also given details of where these can be found in the text (in regular brackets at end) - hope that helps. There are a few others I would question but I am sure that once you start going through it you'll see.

Thanks!

Jane

...Constant-Content has an [a] massive archive... (opening para.)

Why should [you?] find your content through Constant-Content? (first heading)

...you and your site [.] (first bullet point under first heading - above)

How Does Constant-Content Works [Work]? (second heading)

2. Content Creators [creators] set their own prices and choosing [choose] which licenses [license] types they will offer. (item number 2 under above heading)

That's it! Downloaded [Download] the full version of the article, post it to your site, and wait for the search engines and visitors to arrive. (last para.)
Ed

Post by Ed »

Jane,

This was just a plan to get someone else to do it for me. (Kidding.) Thanks for your suggestions. I've encorporated them into my own review. I don't know when the corrections will show up, but if you see something after they do, please say so.

Ed
TroyPankey

Post by TroyPankey »

Ed,

I didn't want to search the entire forum for where I should post the following grammatical error in the rejection notice CC sends. So, I'm posting it here. I'm not sure if this particular rejection notice is automated. Nevertheless...

"This article needs thoroughly revised."

Thank you for fixing it. It kind of stinks when you get a rejection for grammar only to have the rejection grammatically incorrect, ya know. Nonetheless, have a good day.
Shannon Christman

Post by Shannon Christman »

I also noticed some on the blog post announcing the changes to the site:

Second sentence: "it's" should be "its."
Under For Customers, third sentence: "From the customers side" should be "from the customers' side."