Suggestion for Best Offer system

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

HayleyWriter

Suggestion for Best Offer system

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi,

My suggestion for the best offer system is to make it easier to contact the customer about the offer. At the moment, authors have only two options: to accept or to reject the customer's offer for that licence. On some occasions I have either accepted an offer that I really felt was too low, because I didn't want to lose the sale completely, or just had to reject the offer.

I would love to be able to explain to the customer the reasons why the offer was rejected, and perhaps be able to enter into proper negotiations with the customer. If we could have a small section added in to the accept / reject buttons on received offers, where we can add comments (one to two sentence should be plenty), just to allow a comment back to the customer, this would make this system better. Perhaps receiving a message in the customer's inbox with the comments would generate better responses to the offers and get more offers converted into actual sales too.

I find that many customers do not use the system, even when it is available on my articles, but I do get a few who make offers. It would be nice to be able to make a brief comment through the CC system as to why I have accepted or rejected the articles.

Thanks for all the improvements lately - the site is looking good!

Kind regards,

Hayley
BarryDavidson

Re: Suggestion for Best Offer system

Post by BarryDavidson »

Or... Allow the customer to pick a price range. Let's say that the article is priced at 100.00, and they'd be willing to pay sixty to eighty. Well, anyone who negotiates for anything will offer the lowest first to see if the author would accept.

Think of it like the Ebay system. The customer sets a maximum price they're willing to pay, but the actual number seen is what the current offer is at.

I'm not sure how this could be accomplished in terms of coding, but it is something to think about. Let's say that you get the offer of sixty, but you won't settle for less than eighty. Well, since they entered a maximum of eighty, it would go straight to them for finalization.
Cheryl

Re: Suggestion for Best Offer system

Post by Cheryl »

A comment box would be very good, and for both sides. I have had to reject offers without explanation and would have liked to give information which hopefully could have lead to a sale! In once case, I rejected a full rights offer because I did not want to give them rights to sell the article to others for the offered price. I would have sold the article with a unique license for the same price! In another, I had to reject full rights for a photo because it already is being sold on other sites and I do not not want to pull it from the market. Would hope the buyer would reconsider since full rights really weren't available.