Customers Holding Articles that are Never Paid For

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

dsletten

Customers Holding Articles that are Never Paid For

Post by dsletten »

Over the past two years I've had several instances where a customer puts an article into their "cart" to purchase but then it sits there for days/weeks without it ever being purchased. Yet, the article has been taken off the site and is no longer available for other customers. In most of these cases the article doesn't sell and is later put back on the site. The problem with that is that any interest there may have been from potential buyers is long gone since the article appeared to have sold. Is there any way to make it so if a customer places articles in their "cart" but do not pay for them before closing out then the items instantly leave the cart and go back on the site? Can you change it so they have to purchase the items at that time instead of holding them? I do understand that by using PayPal you are limited on how you can do this but I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks!
BarryDavidson

Re: Customers Holding Articles that are Never Paid For

Post by BarryDavidson »

For now an email to support is about all we can do.
dsletten

Post by dsletten »

Hi Barry,
Yes, I know that is how we deal with it now but I was hoping they could come up with a better way. Many new authors here are always asking why an article is on hold or "waiting" and as some of us know they don't always sell after sitting there for some time. I'm just hoping support can come up with a better way to keep articles from sitting on hold for long periods of time.
Ed

Post by Ed »

The "to-do" list is pretty long (small changes are happening all the time), but I pass this along.
dsletten

Post by dsletten »

Thanks, Ed. I''m sure the list is long and CC is doing a great job of making any possible changes. I just noticed that they changed the minimum amount from $50.00 to $5.00 for payment each month. Changes like that really make it nice for the writers.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Another change is that I talk in present tense only now.

Support gets regular emails about this problem, so I'm sure it's on their radar.
CRDonovan

Post by CRDonovan »

>Another change is that I talk in present tense only now.

LOL
Lizaj

Post by Lizaj »

[quote="Ed"]Another change is that I talk in present tense only now.
[/quote]

LOL

Hmmm...I never get the quote thingey right.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hi! It is on their radar. I sent a short note a bit ago suggesting the "3-day scenario" that public requests have to mull their purchasing decision. I am not sure what will be the final outcome, but it is something that is in the future for us. WG
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Thanks Word Gypsy for the update. Three days would be terrific, and would save Support getting emails from authors. I must say that Support has been very quick in getting my articles out of the waiting category when I send an email, but having a definite time period for items to sit in the cart will solve the problem in the future. I currently have two articles sitting in waiting, which is a bit frustrating.

Kind regards,

Hayley
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Hi,
I'm a newbie here, and have the same issue - an article I submitted for a public request has been accepted and i was told it that if the customer didn't purchase within three days, it would revert to pubilc. It is more than three days, and I can't find it either in the public area nor has it been sold. How do I know if it is in the customer's cart and pending decision?

Thanks
CW
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi

If it is in the customer's cart, pending purchase, you will see two signs. One: when you check the document in My Content, you will see the status has been changed to "waiting" rather than "view" or "sold". Two: when you check Licences for My Content, you will find the pending articles at the end of the list. If it is sold completely, you can see the licence at the top of the list.

If the article still does not appear for general sale (check by entering the title into the search engine, because it may be several pages back in the latest content added section), I would send an email to Support and ask about the status of the article.

Hope this helps,

Hayley
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Hi Hayley

Thanks for the prompt help.
I am able to click on the link and see the short and long summary of the article from my profile page, under featured articles, but it does not appear when i try through the search engine. So guess I'll shoot of a mail.

Glad to say hi as well, I've been reading your articles and also notice that they get sold on a regular basis.

Thanks
CW
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Haley was telling you how to check and see if it's in a customer's shopping cart. Click on "My Content" on the left side of the screen (on the main site), and see. If the article is indeed in a cart, the prompt on the right will say "Waiting". Search functions are classically unreliable, so it's better to check the source.
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Hi Barry

Yes, i did that and it says view. I can see it from my portrait - doubt is can anybody else see it? I've been looking every couple of hours since wed to see if it appears in the latest articles list, not there, and couldnt find it through search also.

Its really nice all you guys are so ready with help.

Thanks
CW