Heads up: Unfinished Articles

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jrichards

Heads up: Unfinished Articles

Post by jrichards »

Just a quick heads up we are gong through the library of your articles and we have found that a number of articles don't have files attached to them!! As a consequence customers occasionally buy an article and then have to email support asking why the article isn't available for download. We then have to email the writer and find out if they still have the article and if the author is still reachable we can get the article and send it on to the customer. Unfortunately, it usually takes at least a few hours and some time s a few days depending how responsive everyone is. It's frustrating for everyone, we all like to see the sales go very smoothly so we would like to fix this as soon as we can.

So, we're going to move the articles that haven't got a file attached to them into an "unfinished" state. This will make the articles no longer viewable to the customer. You can easily get your article back into the pool of articles that are available for sale, just login into your account, Go to the "Your Content" sections search for unfinished articles and attach the file that corresponds to the article. Once you've attached the new file, the article will go into the review queue, Ed will review it and provided it is approved it will go into the pool of articles for sale. (Sorry for the extra work Ed!)

We'll be sending out emails to the people who this applies to so, if you get an email please do help us and attach your truant files to the appropriate article.

Thanks,
jrichards
Constant-Content.com
J. A. Young

Re: Heads up: Unfinished Articles

Post by J. A. Young »

Hi,

I'm a little concerned as I've received about 6 messages for articles that have no file attached. Could it be a glitch somewhere that caused these files to be dropped from the article? I'm sure they were attached at the time of submission and were approved accordingly. It's not a big deal--I have a large catalog of work posted, but I find I've been a lousy cataloger and have a slew of discs I need to read through in order to find the offending articles. I guess I'm just hoping that there won't be more to follow as I'm short of time these days (toddler and new baby are dampening my writing career!).

I will try to resubmit over the upcoming holiday weekend (my apologies Ed).

Otherwise,
Happy Thanksgiving!
Jennifer
Ed

Post by Ed »

J.A., just do your best. I don't know what happened to the files, but at least the problem has been addressed.

Ed
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Good Day Everyone,

Today was the BIG day for clearing out the articles that didn't have any articles attached. We went through each one to try and find the ones where the full article had been posted in the long summary. The articles that did have the full article posted in the long summary we took care of ourselves. But where the full article wasn't in the long summary we have moved them to unfinished and and sent an email asking to attach a file.

I know for some people this means that they will have received a number of emails from us. My apologies. We've got checks and balances in place to see to it that we never find ourselves here again.

Thanks for your patience and great writing!
-jrichards