Can Authors Be Told Where Articles Are Published?

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

HayleyWriter

Can Authors Be Told Where Articles Are Published?

Post by HayleyWriter »

It would be terrific if I knew where my sold articles were published. Could it be possible to have a form that the customer completes to say on which website or magazine the article will be published, as part of the process of purchasing a licence. This information could then be included in the licence information section to the author.

I am certainly not talking about contacting the customer directly in any way, but it would be nice to know where to look for the articles as published, and a way of checking that the licences are being used correctly (ie usage licence sold but no by-line used or unique article sold with something on website saying it can be copied for free!!!!). Both of these examples have happened to me recently. Unfortunately, I often find my articles after spending many hours searching the web trying to find them again and some I have never found, so I don't know if they were sold to magazines or websites.

As a relatively new freelance author, I am trying to build up a portfolio of my published work. Any way of helping with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hayley
melissan

Re: Can Authors Be Told Where Articles Are Published?

Post by melissan »

A simple way to find out where your articles have been published is to enter the text of your article in Copyscape (www.copyscape.com) and search for duplicate content. You will quickly find where your article is located on the internet. The cost to search is a nickel. Good luck!