Shorter Time Delay between posts

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cgardener

Shorter Time Delay between posts

Post by cgardener »

I'm sure a lot of our more serious writers have the same problem as I do with the delay time between forum posts. I like to spend most of my time researching and writing, and I usually have about 10 minutes to check in here each day to read and post to the forums. The time delay between posts is making it impossible for me to sometimes post helpful answers to someone asking a question. I answer one question, then I can't post the answer to the other because of the time delay. I guess I type too fast. ;) Could there be a shorter delay time, so that we can help people within our limited amount of time?

I realize the purpose of the time delay is to keep people from flooding the forums with spam, but is there a way maybe after someone has posted a few times that they could have the time delay lifted?
Ed

Re: Shorter Time Delay between posts

Post by Ed »

I believe the answer is "no." Even I don't have the ability to make another post immediately.
DSWaltenburg

Re: Shorter Time Delay between posts

Post by DSWaltenburg »

I think I've found a shortcut for that, however.....

Type your response, copy it, click on the thread link on the top menu, to take you back out to that link, and then go back in, pastie your answer, and hit submit. ....it seems to work a bit quicker that way. However, I'm on dialup, so who knows, it could be taking me hours and I just am one with my time warp! :)

Rock on, Post Toasties.