Please Post Your Technical Problems Here

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed

Re: Please Post Your Technical Problems Here

Post by Ed »

You have been asked to submit in Arial or Times New Roman 12pt. Most of your articles were submitted in Verdana. Our guidelines state the format size and font required for submission. Articles that are not submitted according to our guidelines are immediately rejected. They are not reviewed. Your submissions are being treated as everyone else's submissions. Your article about Michelle Obama was submitted much later and I have not gotten to that article yet.

However, I had hoped that you would realize your error and make the format corrections on your own so that I would not have to reject them all out of hand. If you wish for me to do that, I can do so today. Authors must take responsibility for following our guidelines, because repeated rejections result in account suspension.

Your short summaries have been addressed before. This is the first thing the customer sees, and it is important that they are also formatted correctly with information that will tell the customer what the article contains and be free of errors. Our guidelines also describe how short summaries should be treated.

Our guidelines clearly state what is required of articles. Please do not submit content that you do not feel suits CC's needs. As before, repeated rejections result in account suspensions. We simply cannot repeatedly review articles if they do not meet our guidelines.

Please familiarize yourself with our site policies and practices. Please ask in the forums or consult the site documentation if you have a question about something. As before, the forum post that you were directed to last night is an important read that will help clarify the importance of everything stated in this communication. If you having problems following our guidelines, please make a checklist for yourself as others have been asked to do.

Thanks,
Ed
kindclasses

Post by kindclasses »

Yes, I indeed did submit articles that weren't in Arial. I did submit my first article without thoroughly reading the guidelines. It did pass through the system so I therefore didn't think that was a big deal. It was only last week that an article was rejected because of font.

I then went through the other ten articles and immediately changed all the font to Arial in those articles. Yet they still never went through any review process!

I submit articles which I think have valuable information or talk about important issues. I am not certain, however, what Constant Content will consider valuable information. I must admit that I am not really yet attuned to that style. Case in point - I submitted an article which went through what herbs to use with different foods. It seemed to have lots of information to me but was rejected for lack of information. It was written, however, in a humorous fashion. I commented that I was unsure about my last set because some were centered around humor and issues. Constant Content seems to be more for direct information.

A couple of the articles were about school bullying and peace. I was interested in exposing them to as many people as possible so I tried Constant Content. As I mentioned I was unsure though about being suitable for this site. I was willing to take the chance. If they were unsuitable, it would only take a minute for someone to comment on their suitability.

No one had ever mentioned anything about spacing or content in my summaries - until last night. The only comment has been about making some mistakes in them. I never have kept a copy of my summaries so I never then can identify my mistake. I will keep copies in the future.

You mentioned about the font correction. That was corrected immediately after I received the first notice. They were all in Arial. The articles were still never sent through the review process. That doesn't seem very fair to me.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Articles must be removed from our system and resubmitted for changes to take place in the file. The font will not change unless the article is uploaded again. These submissions must be removed for the font change to occur.

What do you want to do? Delete them yourself and resubmit the ones you feel suit Constant Content's needs? Or do you wish for me to reject them so that you may resubmit in the proper font? I am amenable to either solution.

Ed
Ed

Post by Ed »

In addition, please read our guidelines thoroughly and abide by them. We do not accept content that uses the first-person POV.

While it may take only a moment for an article to be rejected, because these many moments add up over the course of hundreds of articles that pass through the queue each week, authors must be consistent with the quality of their submissions.

Thank you,
Ed
kindclasses

Post by kindclasses »

Ok, I can understand that about changes in the font not showing up for you.
So you would have to reject all of them if the font change didn't take place.

I believe the Michelle Obama article is in the correct font from the beginning. I guess we can leave that one on site. Now you might find something else wrong with it. I'm not perfect!(LOL)

I think I will delete the other ones. I won't bother to resubmit those articles. I mentioned that I was a little unsure about some of them.

And yes, after I sent that "only a minute" remark, I actually was thinking as well - that may be true, but many articles are many minutes, I guess.

So I'll delete the first ten.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Okay. I'm glad we got that cleared up. The article about Michelle Obama is soon to be reviewed. Thank you!
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

Both the links "My Recently Sold Content" and "Recently Sold Content" go to the same place: a page showing the most recent sales by any member across the whole website.

Surely "My Recently Sold Content" should link to only content of mine that recently sold?
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for the heads up. It should be fixed now. Can you give it a try?

Thanks,
jrichards
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi,

It's fixed on my screen now! I had seen some others mention it previously in the forums, so I figured you'd fix it soon. Thanks!

Hayley
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

Works for me too, thanks!
BenTStuart

Post by BenTStuart »

Hi, a couple of times when submiting a article, after filling in a form- it has not worked and come up with a message saying about MySQL and checking line 1 or something-could anyone offer help with getting this error off?
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

An SQL error like that is usually on the server end. I'd recommend emailing support about it.

What browser and operating system are you using?
BenTStuart

Post by BenTStuart »

Thanks for the reply BarryDavidson, my Mum who is also a registered user here found this error, we wondered if it was too do with the Windows Vista system or something as we had trouble submiting text on forums on other sites.
Well, Internet Explorer and Opera browsers we tried the website on, with the submiting working on niether. Operating system was Vista. The site worked fine yesterday when I submitted an article, for some reason today its not been working.
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

I'd definitely contact support then.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Are you submitting the article right away, or is there a time lapse from when you first open the screen until you hit the "submit" button? I've noticed a similar issue when I've started the submission process, walked away in the middle to deal with the kids, and then came back. In my case, I had been logged out by the system after about 15-20 minutes.

I use Vista and IE 7.0 and don't generally have problems. Submitted a couple in the last two hours with no problem.