Please Post Your Technical Problems Here

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cspring

Re: Please Post Your Technical Problems Here

Post by cspring »

All CC Editors and Support:

Thank you for the new effort you have been making on this site!

I just discovered by surprise that between yesterday and today I sold two articles! I am happy. But I did not get any e-mail notification on these sales. Other e-mails have been arriving in my email box fine.

Can you help?

Cspring
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi

Just for the record, I haven't been receiving the email notification on selling articles for several weeks now either. I hope it can be fixed soon. It has made me keener to keep on checking the recently sold section though!

Also, just a note on the "waiting" section. Word Gypsy said you were looking into it and I agree a three day limit for articles to sit in a customer's cart unpaid for would really solve the problem. Is this going to happen soon, or should I continue to send emails to Support to get my articles back into 'circulation'?

Echoing cspring's comments: Thanks for the updates and changes - you've achieved a lot recently.

Hayley
BethFields

Post by BethFields »

Hi, I'm still not receiving emails about sold articles either, but that's not a big problem, it just makes me check "my recently sold content". Now I seem to developed a new problem, when I click on the "my recently sold content" link, I get all the recently sold content, not just mine. (I wish I had written and sold that much!) I thought you might want to know about the glitch. Thanks for all your hard work.
JD

Post by JD »

I was going to say exactly the same thing!

Also, under 'My profile,' the featured articles I had selected seem to have been overwritten by the latest articles I have submitted. I have tried to select the articles I want to feature but it seems only to have the last five articles I’ve submitted…

Thanks.

Jane
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi all,

I think CC has instituted a change with the featured lists to automatically show the last five entries. In some ways, this is better than showing out of date seasonal articles, or the first five articles you ever submitted. This will also mean that as you submit more articles, your list will change - featuring your latest (and hopefully greatest) works! This is good. I guess if you don't like your featured article list, you have an extra incentive to write new articles.

However, I think the featured article list would be better if a couple of article "categories" were automatically excluded.
1 - Already sold content for unique or full rights (I think it is not fair to effectively advertise articles that are no longer available for other customers to purchase).
2 - Articles still in review (again these articles are not actually available to customers to purchase yet).
3 - Articles hidden from general view because they have been submitted to a particular request (private or public).

If CC can run a program to automatically exclude these groups of articles, I think the changing featured lists are a great idea!

At the moment, I have two out of five articles in my list that are not actually available for customers to purchase.

Hayley
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi all,

Just a quick thought. Maybe CC can change the list from select from last five for the featured list to select from last ten or 15 articles submitted. That still gives a limited pool of articles to choose 5 to feature, but gives authors some choice in actually selecting which articles to feature. If no selection is made, then the default can be the last five submitted.

Hayley
JoHunley

Post by JoHunley »

Hi, o hard-working technical people.

I can't get into My Recently Sold Content. Instead the link takes me to all recently sold content.

In re: the featured articles. You can click the link to change your articles, but I have trouble with the screen on that one. The slide-up window scrolls with the screen, so when you try to scroll down to find a more recent article the window moves with it so you can never reach the lower articles. Plus once you get so many articles the "Submit" button is so far down you'll never reach that either. (Does that description make sense?)
bwhite

Post by bwhite »

[quote="JoHunley"]Hi, o hard-working technical people.

I can't get into My Recently Sold Content. Instead the link takes me to all recently sold content.

In re: the featured articles. You can click the link to change your articles, but I have trouble with the screen on that one. The slide-up window scrolls with the screen, so when you try to scroll down to find a more recent article the window moves with it so you can never reach the lower articles. Plus once you get so many articles the "Submit" button is so far down you'll never reach that either. (Does that description make sense?)[/quote]

It's been doing that for several days now. I gave it a few days before posting here just to be sure that Support wasn't working on it. It is still taking you back to ALL sold content. Hope we can get this fixed soon.
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Glitches in the submission form

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

So, the article submission form reloads every time you choose something in the CATEGORY drop-down box. Certain info gets lost in the reload and has to be reentered:

* If the PUBLIC/PRIVATE REQUEST checkbox is checked, it remains checked and the SELECT REQUEST drop-down remains present, but it loses its selection - goes back to saying "--- Public Requests ---" instead of whatever request you'd chosen

* If you've already entered text in the SHORT SUMMARY or CONTENT DETAILS text boxes, any apostrophes and quote marks get backslashed on the reload. You could end up with text looking like "Don\\\\\'t miss this article, y\\\\\'all!" after awhile.

(These seem like they ought to be fairly easy to fix, from what I know of HTML and Javascript. I don't suppose you need a freelancer? *g* )
NicoleJLeBoeuf

"Featured Articles" shouldn't include those still under revi

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

I just submitted an article today, and was surprised to see it show up in my Profile under "Featured Articles." If a customer clicks on the title, they'll see "This article has been sold or removed" which is not the case--the article is still in review, after all! After the article is accepted I would be happy for it to show up in Featured Articles! But until then, the user experience seems misleading.

Can the "most recent 5 articles" thing (which causes the most recent 5 to be "featured" unless specifically excluded by the author) be set to not include a new article until it has been accepted?
kindclasses

Post by kindclasses »

Hi! I was wondering if the reviewers are just overwhelmed this week or is it just a technical issue on my side. I have 11 articles and 4 images under review. I submitted 10 of the articles last weekend - January 31 - February 1 and they have not yet gone through the review process. Usually the articles are reviewed definitely by the second day. Only one of the 11 was submitted in recent days. That submission was over the weekend for a request.

Also, I had a couple of other articles in for requests. Many days have passed but they don't seem to be back in the category.

Thanking you for your time. Regards
Ed

Post by Ed »

Articles that are not submitted according to our formatting guidelines can be removed by you. Otherwise they will be removed/rejected. Articles must be submitted according to our formatting guidelines, as other rejection notices that you have received have indicated.

Thank you,
Ed
kindclasses

Post by kindclasses »

You must have misunderstood my question!
I did not say anything about articles being rejected!!
And I fail to see why you would mention in a public forum
whether I had any, some, or many rejections.
That certainly doesn't seem to be very professional behavior.

I said that I had 11 articles which have not been reviewed to date.
10 of them have been submitted since January 31 - February 1.
I inquired if the reviewers were extremly busy
or if it was some technical problem on my part.

I would ask both yourself and other writers about the timing for reviews at present.
Is anyone else experiencing these delays?
Ed

Post by Ed »

This information is relevant to your question. Your articles can either be deleted by you and resubmitted in the correct format, or they will be rejected/removed. I am extremely busy and this is why I have not removed them. Authors may always use the "delete" feature to remove and resubmit articles that may not have been submitted according to our guidelines. This saves both of us time.

The following forum post may help to clarify:
http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... &sk=t&sd=a

In addition, please make sure that your short summaries are formatted for easy reading. Returns or breaks in the short summary, for example
if the short
summary looks like
this,
then it is not conducive to easy reading for the customer.

Thank you,
Ed
kindclasses

Post by kindclasses »

I understood that articles go through a "review" process and in private, not in public.
I thought that the "review" was supposed to indicate any problems.
I also thought you had the option of fixing your mistakes and resubmitting them.

I was doutful if all the content in my last set of articles was suitable for your site.
I understand that you want articles with lots of information for the reader.
I do have some articles in that set which do fall within your site's guidelines.

The problem with my summaries should be mentioned in a review.
I can then fix that. It consists of fixing two lines.

It is unfair, however, to dismiss all that set of articles without reviewing them.

I submitted to a request on Friday. The gentlemen had already expressed interest in my political writings. If you find a small problem with "Michelle Obama Gets Her Turn," then I can fix it. But it doesn't deserve to be removed without review. I can post it in public here at the site, let the members see if it is so terrible that it doesn't deserve a review.

Some articles in that set probably do not have enough information.
You are welcome to reject them but they should go through review.
I desrve to be treated fairly as everyone else here at this site.
I deserve the chance to be reviewed and the chance to fix any mistakes.