Please Post Your Technical Problems Here

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

Re: Please Post Your Technical Problems Here

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi,
Two things to report:
1. Not all of my private requests show up in the list where we designate the specific request that an article should go to during the submission process. For example, I have several different private requests that I am working on. I see them in my Private Request screen, but they are not listed in the list when submitting an article. Also, the customer indicated that some requests "disappeared" on his end.

2. I have a submission currently in review and decided to add one minor change. In the past, we could remove the old document and upload the new document. Now, we can still upload the new document, but the old one can't be deleted. That means that there are two documents. How can we be sure that the customer gets the correct document short of completely deleting the submission and starting over? As it is now, the customer could open the wrong document and miss out on the changes. Is there a way to delete the old article while in the review stage once again?
Ed

Post by Ed »

I will forward this to Support. To make completely sure that there is no confusion, you have to delete the whole submission.
Celeste Stewart

THanks, Ed. I'm not too worried about it in this case as the change was minor. But I'll delete and resubmit it.
Ed

Post by Ed »

I'll keep my eye out for it.
Celeste Stewart

Yeah, well, it's 20,000 words, so brew yourself a pot of coffee or whip out the old margarita machine :)
Ed

Post by Ed »

Yeah . . . don't encourage me!
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Hey Celeste and Ed.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. We're working on the request related issues. Hopefully, we'll have something to report there soon.

On the deleting your old files front, we've put back in place the ability for people to delete their own files while the article is in 'review'. So, provided that the document hasn't made it through review you can change the attached file to your hearts content.

In case anyone isn't aware where this functionality will is in the site. To access you'll need to:
1. Login to Constant Content
2. Go to the "Your Content" section
3. Click on Edit for the article in question
4. Scroll to the bottom to see, download and/or remove the file attached to that article.

Note: All articles that do not have a file attached will be rejected! So make sure that you don't forget to attach an article before your article is reviewed.
-jrichards
Constant-Content.com
Celeste Stewart

Thanks, that will help!
jak

Post by jak »

Re. email problem reported on Wed 14th. It seems to be solved. I got a sales message this morning. Thanks.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

HI! For the last month, I did receive notice of my private request sales, but I am not receiving any sales notices for sales made to other customers. Thanks for any help with this. WG
JD

Post by JD »

Hi

I'm not receiving sales notification emails either, but am getting all other emails, e.g. public request emails, and rejection of public request article emails (which, by the way, I think is a really good addition to the new system).

Thanks.

Jane
jak

Post by jak »

I didn't know about the rejection of public request emails. Sounds like a really good idea. Be great to know where you stand, especially as articles now revert to showcasing after three days, but you're not sure if it's just because the customer hasn't decided yet.
Celeste Stewart

Disappearing private requests -
Hi, one of my clients has multiple requests, but they've been disappearing without him actually removing them. Is there anyway to get them back? I still have the emails and printouts, so I can refer to those, but it's hard to keep track when the open requests disappear. . . Plus, when I go to submit them, I can't link them to the appropriate topic for the customer. I have to choose a random request. For example, my next project is titled "SCP Certification Courses" but the request is gone. I'll have to submit it under "MCITP Courses" or something else unrelated. I don't believe the customer has removed the requests as he mentioned the other day "where did the soft skills request go? It's deleted" and I know he still needs these projects.

Thanks.
jak

Post by jak »

[quote="jak"]Re. email problem reported on Wed 14th. It seems to be solved. I got a sales message this morning. Thanks.[/quote]

Spoke too soon. Today I found three sales from yesterday. No messages in inbox and no emails. C'est la vie.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Hi jak,

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on the situation. We'll do some more investigating and see if we can solve this problem.

jrichards
Constant-content.com