Please Post Your Technical Problems Here

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Ed

Please Post Your Technical Problems Here

Post by Ed »

If you have been experiencing problems with not getting emails, submission problems, or other problems that seem to be a result of the site not working properly, please post them here. (If your issue is with your account, with a rejection, or with your personal submissions, please contact Support or seek help elsewhere in the forums.)

If you've mentioned one already that hasn't been fixed, could you please copy and paste your explanation from the other thread here? This thread will give us one place to keep track of these problems.

So far we have:
Some authors not getting emails from CC
Strange prompts when entering full rights prices
Automatic formatting issues that break up text

Thanks!
Ed
Ed

Re: Please Post Your Technical Problems Here

Post by Ed »

DSWaltenburg:
Another minute issue: I am no longer receiving article sold or article accepted/rejected notifications in my email account. I've gone through 2000 spam msgs in my Spam folder just to make sure they didn't inadvertently get flopped into that folder, but have found nothing. I've sold 3 in the last 3 days, and had the 4 approved, with no email notifications. I went in last night and changed my email preferences to accept all: notices, newsletters, and requests for content, and still nothing. Any ideas?
Ed

Post by Ed »

I can't find the example that a couple authors gave concerning formatting issues. Can someone help?
Ed

Post by Ed »

DSWaltenburg:
However, today, I tried to submit my 2nd article for his request. I put in $30 Usage, and $30 Full Rights. Hit the Submit button, and it said "CHECK FULL RIGHTS PRICE". It's a 690-word piece. I tried again 3x more. Same result. Not until I changed Full Rights Price to $40, and selected Best Offer, did the Submission go through. This is frustrating not only because it should be up to the individual author how much they wish to charge, but also because, instead of keeping all the previous selections on the submission page, it dumps everything, and you have to go back through and choose Article Categories, set price again, rewrite the Short Summ, and repaste the Article to the Sample window.
lissie

Post by lissie »

[quote="Ed"]I can't find the example that a couple authors gave concerning formatting issues. Can someone help?[/quote]

Yeah any of my articles - if I click edit from My Content http://www.constant-content.com/index.p ... ocID=71645
I get :
a blank line at the start of the short summary
First line of content details is indented over 1/2 the width of the field
Keywords
Extra blank line in first row
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thanks! The thread was right below this one. Oops. :)
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

Sent an email to support at least 2 days ago, and still have not had a response....don't know if that's part of the emailing glitch or no, but regardless, also still not getting Article Sold/Article Accepted or Rejected notices. And, once again, went through my Spam/bulk folder to make sure nothing went there, and nothing is there either.

Thanks for posting my 'issues' here, Ed. I've been unable to get time to get to the forum in the past few days.

Cheerios.
DS
DSWaltenburg

Customers Not Getting Email Notifications....

Post by DSWaltenburg »

1. Here's a note from my customer, sent earlier today, thru our Q&A board:

"BTW...CC has not notified me that the last 2 articles were approved and posted. I found them by accident looking thru the articles posted live on the site."

(Only one of those two was the Private Request. The other was the last one I posted for him before getting the P.R.)

Does this mean that customers are having the email glitch as well?

One article was posted on 8/5, and the other yesterday, 8/7.

Thanks,

Deborah
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Deborah,
Did you send the customer a link to your approced articles via the request system? I assume so but I know you're still fairly new and might not realize that approved articles aren't automatically forwarded to the customer. We have to go back to the original request once the article is approved and let the customer know that it is now available by posting a short note and a link. This notifies the customer via email as well as when they log in (or so I believe - the "new messages" thing surely works both ways, right?).

Could be an email glitch if you did your part. If not, then the customer wasn't alerted because there's no way the system intuitively understood your articles were meant for said customer.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

RE: the formatting issues where weird tabs seem to space the short summary text in an odd manner. I've noticed this only in the "edit" mode but when displayed in "view" the content appears as it should. At least on mine. So, when typing the info, it appears fine. When editing the info, it's tabbed over and a bit strange looking. When viewing the final submission, it looks fine with no noticable issue.
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

[quote="Celeste Stewart"]Did you send the customer a link to your approced articles via the request system?[/quote]

No, because my customer found it (the non-private req. article) before I knew it had been approved, since the email notifications are not currently working (at least for me...), so when I logged in to CC that morning, he'd already purchased it. EEK!

Same with the private request art., however, I was wrongly assuming that it would somehow stay private, since I marked it as a private request--my fault entirely for not understanding that!

As for his folder name, should I ask him if he's got one set up with CC? It would certainly be helpful, at least until the email issue is worked out, to avoid any flubbages.

Thanks for all the good advice, Celeste. Eventually I'll figure things out, but for now, your patience and willingness to help are greatly appreciated!

Deborah
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

Hello. It's now been 7 days since I sent an email to support, and have yet to receive a response. I'm still not receiving any emails at all from CC in my yahooey account. Sending another email to support now, however, it's starting to concern me.

Does anyone know if this is an all over glitch with everyone, am I just losing my mind, or is it also affecting buyers, as well?

Sign me:

Frustrated in Ohell, er Ohio :)

Have a loverly evening everyone!
Ed

Post by Ed »

Support does know - it's been getting emails from other authors with missing emails. While not a site-wide problem, you aren't alone. I'll keep you updated if I hear anything.

Ed
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

Thanks, Ed. I appreciate you looking into this!

Deborah
Ed

Post by Ed »

It affects me, too! I must address forlorn message from writers who have received one rejection/acceptance notice when I have reviewed 2 or 3 of their articles that day. Then I must dig deep to recall the fate of their articles and the reasons for rejection. I am just as eager as you are to have this problem resolved.