Must-Read Resources - New Authors: Start Here

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Echo234

Re: Must-Read Resources - New Authors: Start Here

Post by Echo234 »

Any idea's on how to find out why an a submission was rejected? I've gone through the newbie info, maybe I simply need to go through it again! If you have any suggestion please let me know
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Echo234 wrote:Any idea's on how to find out why an a submission was rejected? I've gone through the newbie info, maybe I simply need to go through it again! If you have any suggestion please let me know
The reason for the rejection will be in the email notice sent to you.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

If you can't figure it out, post the rejection notice here and someone can point you in the right direction. The reason is between the lines on the email.
CaseReynolds

Post by CaseReynolds »

How long does it take to review an article? I read in the official information that it takes three days, but elsewhere in the forum I've seen comments indicating that it can take many weeks. I'm just wondering what to expect, realistically. Is there only one editor reading all the articles? If so, a long wait is understandable. Thanks.
AlanRoberts

Post by AlanRoberts »

Hello all!

I am about to start my challenge of being an online author. Can I ask what Constant Content see as the main areas of demand for articles? I live in Portugal and have worked here for five years, having been abroad for seven. I have a wealth of information to share but would like a 'tip' as to whether to proceed down the travel, living abroad or buying property articles. I have sold property here for five years and know all the best practices and pitfalls.

Is there a way to see what is currently under demand and to aim for what your customers (and ultimately mine) are looking to buy?

thank you.
dmgray

Post by dmgray »

Firstly, good luck with your new endeavour. If you want to check what articles are currently being requested by customers, click on "Requested Content" (it will be located on the left hand side of main site page, under the "My Account" section). In Requested Content you will find all the current public requests for articles and you can click on each job and find out more about that individual request.

Another trick, I was told about yesterday, is to click on "Recently Sold Content" (located just under "Requested Content" on main site page) and see what articles are selling. You can also click the "Search Topics" tab on this page and check the most popular keywords/search terms that customers are using to locate articles, this may give you some ideas on popular subjects to write about.

Alternatively, why not write about what you know, enjoy and are experienced in? Every new writerr here needs to build up their portfolio and I found it easier in the beginning to write on familiar subjects to build up my content. You seem to have experience in subjects that I would consider good marketable topics - buying property abroad. travelling abroad and living overseas. I would certainly recommend writing articles on these subjects. (Hint: I think there is currently a Public Request for articles on finding jobs overseas!).

Hope this helps :)
PublishedandRead

Post by PublishedandRead »

I have a question about Public Requests. It seems to me that most public requests are for only one article. So, do hundreds of writers create and submit their article, just in case it is accepted by the requester?

If that's the case, is there no system in place to notify members how many other writers are attempting to answer that request?
Thanks,
PublishedandRead
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Actually, I wouldn't say that most requesters want just one article. I regularly see requests for lists of titles. Even those that request just one article may be impressed enough to buy several articles. Among the regular customers, you'll often see several general topic ideas requested folllowed a few days later by a rush of sales on those topics on the Recently Sold list.

I also don't think the number of writers writing to a single request at any given time are counted in the hundreds. Ed can correct me if I'm wrong, but there are so many different topics, requests, private requests, and other external writing projects that all of the active writers here aren't sitting around waiting to pounce on the next request. Also, some requests are more popular than others depending on the topic and price range.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

If you write for a request and it doesn' sell to the actual requester, it will probably sell to someone else. I've sold at least half of my unpurchased public request articles and the count keeps rising as time goes by, even those I thought they would not sell because they were pretty specific. Perhaps the buyer comes back and purchases more articles on his topic later, or maybe the topic is one several customers have an interest in. In any case, unles it is something like the Home Page for a specific website, most articles written for public requests will still hve market value, and even those written so specifically can serve as examples for a customer who wants something similar for her website, perhaps even leading to a private request.

CC is more of an investment than a get-rich-quick venue. Every piece you write here has a positive outcome, even if it's only learning to pass the editorial review with ease or beefing up your portfolio.
ifoundyou

Post by ifoundyou »

HI

I have setup an account as a publisher. I also have an account as an author I think?
How do I see jobs available that people would like for me to write about. I have not
written anything as of yet for Constant Content. Is it that I must write something and
then be approved? Please let me know the steps to take to get started.

Warmest Regards,

Charles Pisano
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hello and welcome to CC. In order to see the "public requests," you need to use your author's account. Sign in and then click the "Requested Content" link which is in the left menu. There you'll see all of the recent public requests. If any catch your fancy, go ahead and write an article for it and submit it via the CC "Submit an article" link. As you fill out the submission form, there's a field where you'll need to indicate which request the article is for. This allows CC to automatically route the submitted article to the requester once it's approved.

If none of the requests interest you, then write an article on a topic that's dear to you and submit it to the general pool of articles.
ifoundyou

Post by ifoundyou »

Hi

I figured out how to get email from you all in my profile by clicking on he check box.
rap

Post by rap »

jak wrote:Your profile lists all the articles that are still for sale. Licenses for your content lists everything you have sold, with the price, customer and license sold. Click on these in the list below your name on the left hand side of the CC screen.
Hello. If an article is sold for usage, does the option to buy it for unique or full license change automatically or is this something that we must monitor and adjust? Thank you for your time. :)
Amy W

Post by Amy W »

It changes automatically - when someone buys a usage license, the unique and full rights licenses automatically become unavailable. You don't need to do anything.
aryanprakash90

Post by aryanprakash90 »

Hello, I am a new author on CC. I wot would like to know about a perfect debut in CC. In other words, should I start writing small articles or try with a big one.

Regards
Aryan Prakash