Does Anyone Work Here?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

rtucker

Does Anyone Work Here?

Post by rtucker »

Hi Everyone;

I used to submit content regularly to sell here, but then I studied affiliate marketing and started my own websites. I grew to the point of wanting to outsource my content creation and I knew I would find plenty of quality content and writers here at CC.

However, my experience as a buyer has not been very satisfactory in that getting requests approved is glacial. I suspect that the writers here are losing out on clients and business because of this frustration on the customers part.

I'm speaking from my buying experience. The content is excellent, and the writers first-rate, but getting it is like pulling teeth. Even the chat, where you supposedly can talk to someone is not a real chat feature. It sends you to a bunch of posts, and finally you request a human. But then it take hours for a response. And they may do what you ask, but don't even respond to let you know. You have to keep checking your request to see for yourself if its been approved. You're wondering if anyone works here.

I can't imagine how any of this is good for customer service. I'm considering going somewhere else to out source my content. But it saddens me because I really like the CC platform as a whole. It has good writers and content.

Perhaps the writers need to voice some concern over this. If I wanted to continue writing here at any point, this experience as a buyer would make me think twice.

Best to you all!
Angie H

Re: Does Anyone Work Here?

Post by Angie H »

I've been wondering if that's been the case. I've started contacting clients with public requests before they expire to make sure they're getting content, but I can't do much more than that.

It's getting very quiet around here, and I'm concerned that, if CC doesn't start investing some time and marketing dollars into the site, it's going to die. When I returned to CC to start writing after a few years, I was shocked by how little communication and work was actually happening. I see that many of the company's most visible and active people are gone, and it seems to have lost its forward momentum.

This knowledge saddens me as it used to be a pretty profitable site for writers. It's the only site of its kind that has an active customer base. And with the focus of Google veering away from spun content and the arrival of platforms like Medium, premium content by qualified writers is becoming increasingly important.

I considered doing some marketing, but it would be a waste of time if the service isn't there. I also think CC should earn the 35% it skims from its writers. It would be nice to hear from the company to see what their plans are and what it has been up to in recent months. You're not the only customer or writer with complaints recently. In fact, I recently lost a significant amount of work because the client wanted to call and skip the crappy messaging system. I couldn't because of the TOS, of course. And I don't blame him for going to a different site. It was easier than dealing with the crappy messaging system. Live chat would be so much more useful and costs very little these days.
Angie H

Post by Angie H »

Just received one now. I'd upload a screen cap, but apparently that doesn't work either.
MordantC

Post by MordantC »

I'm having a problem with this too. I've recently picked up a dream client with lots of work for me, and the slow time-frame for approving requests means that I'm probably going to lose him again in a few weeks. My client is talking about taking his business elsewhere because of this. That's a loss of a possible $2,000 to me, and $1,000 or so to Constant Content.

I'm struggling to complete this client's tasks on time because sometimes his requests only get approved a day before the deadline. We're both waiting anxiously for his latest batch of requests to go through. He put in the requests days ago, the deadline will be tomorrow, and they still haven't been approved! Is there any way to speed up the request process for our customers? CC is leaving money on the table.
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

Since you are a client rather than a writer, you should be able to call your rep and explain the situation. I do mostly private requests anymore because they are almost always approved overnight. You need to talk to your rep at CC and find out what the holdup is.

Maybe you should submit private requests to specific writers. I believe you'll get a much faster response with the editing.
Good luck
MordantC

Post by MordantC »

Really? Because in my experience, as a writer attempting to fulfil direct requests, does not bear this out. I'm still waiting for a client's requests to appear on my dash, requests that were put in several days ago and have a due deadline of today.

If even clients' direct requests aren't being processed in a timely manner, how are we writers supposed to fulfil them? There certainly isn't time now for an editor to review the work before the deadline.
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

Did you post the articles you needed to a specific writer as a private request? If you just tossed it out into the general pool, it could be no writer accepted it. Also, the editors review private requests first. I write for private request almost exclusively, and my articles are always approved within 24 hours or less. If you want to get the articles back fast... select a writer and submit a private request.

For example, if I received a private request today, wrote it, and submitted it later today. I could get it back within an hour or two, but certainly by tomorrow morning.