Cannot Edit or Delete Old Article

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

LarryC

Cannot Edit or Delete Old Article

Post by LarryC »

I've been doing some cleaning up of old articles and found one from back in 2014. The system was a little different then, with several distinct categories for usage rights, etc. The problem is, I want to either delete this article or made substantial changes but I can't do either. It's stuck with no delete option. When I click on Edit, I can't make changes. There's a button to click on to download the file, which doesn't help me. If I submit a new article it will be duplicate content unless I completely rewrite it.

I emailed support but so far have not heard back. I was wondering if it's impossible to edit or delete articles going back a certain number of years or if this is just a glitch with one particular article.
Gauderbock

Re: Cannot Edit or Delete Old Article

Post by Gauderbock »

You should be able to delete, unless it's already sold for usage or unique rights? My oldest unsold article is mid 2015 and still has a delete option.

AFAIK edits of the main text and title are always blocked once approved, although you can tweak the short description, keywords, and category.
LarryC

Re: Cannot Edit or Delete Old Article

Post by LarryC »

That's the case usually. For this article, though, the status is Viewed but there's only an Edit button with no option to Delete.