Access Level

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Angie H

Access Level

Post by Angie H »

Why does my access level keep dropping despite the fact that almost all of my articles are accepted on the first try? Out of the 60 or so articles I've submitted, I think I only had two or three rejected for minor corrections or formatting changes. I was at Access Level 1. Now, I'm at 3. The only thing I can think of is the private orders I have waiting. They've not been rejected. In fact, the customer mailed me to let me know he had some things come up and would sort them out soon. So...?
Gauderbock

Re: Access Level

Post by Gauderbock »

It's odd, isn't it?

I've spent most of the last few years at level one with bounces back and forth to two. A couple of weeks ago I suddenly hit three :shock:

I suppose my writing quality might have taken a dive, but my clients and CC catalog buyers don't seem to think so :roll:

The only thing I can think of is that I've been involved in a few other things this year so my CC output has dropped off a bit, maybe that's why in my case.

But in any case, it's not like the access level made a lot of difference to my income anyhow, so...
Angie H

Post by Angie H »

Glad I'm not the only one? lol It makes no logical sense whatsoever. I certainly hope it doesn't affect my income. I mean, sales are slow but steady. I've been pushing pretty hard and things are awful quiet around here. A lot more quiet than I think I've ever seen it, so it's hard to tell. That being said, my access level is back to two today? *insert facepalm gif here*

Guess I'll just keep pushing and ignore requests for now. At least with a full catalog, it will be one less thing to worry about. I'll just have to maintain it later.
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

Don't feel bad. I've written 2422 articles and 2256 of them are sold. I am in the top 10 of writers in several categories. Getting an article rejection is a rare thing, but I am at a level 3 and have been for months. I don't get notified of writer's pool requests until hours after they are posted. I've written emails asking why and have never received a response. I don't expect anything to change, but I wish it would.
Angie H

Post by Angie H »

That is really weird. I didn't get any response for that question, either. It's a shame. I thought the concept was quite good. I'll just think of it as Magic 8 Ball for writers.