Address and Phone Number

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

kullboys

Address and Phone Number

Post by kullboys »

My CC account has been idle for a few years - moving/renos/RL stuff - but I'm back and eager to brush up on the rules and dive back in!

Several things have changed since I was on last, and I have a couple of questions... I tried searching for these topics already to no avail. Please forgive me if my search wasn't thorough.

My profile apparently needs me to click all the categories that I feel I could write a decent article on - I presume I am to "cast the net wide" on this.

My profile also wants an address and phone number. I have had issues with disclosing my address and phone number on the internet in the past. We are paid via Paypal. I do not understand the need for this personal information. Could I respectfully ask the rationale behind this request? Is it absolutely necessary?
Thanks.
sstewart

Re: Address and Phone Number

Post by sstewart »

Hi kullboys,

We are happy to hear you are returning as a writer with us! We do require an address and phone number when you first sign up as a writer. This contact info is required in case we need to get a hold of you by means other than email. The address is also required in case we need specific writers from specific locations. For example, some of our clients require US-only or Cdn-only writers. Note that this info is for internal use, is secure, and only available to CC staff.

Please let us know if you have any other questions and/or concerns.

Happy Writing!

Constant Content