Account showing negative balance

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

EmilyNorth

Account showing negative balance

Post by EmilyNorth »

I have already emailed CC but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask here, too.
I received payment on 12/31/2018 without an issue... however, under the "Amount Due For This Month," my account is now showing a negative balance. (The negative number is the same amount I was paid.) All of the previous times I was paid, the amount due showed $0.00 until my next sale. Not a negative amount. Why is it showing a negative balance? Is this happening to anyone else, or just me? I have NOT been notified that any articles were refunded.

Thanks.
sstewart

Re: Account showing negative balance

Post by sstewart »

Hi EmilyNorth,

This was a technical glitch in the system that affected Dec 31 payouts. There was an email sent out to all writers to let them know that we were addressing it. The glitch should now be fixed and your balance properly restored.

Cheers,

Constant Content
MrSteve51

Post by MrSteve51 »

sstewart wrote:There was an email sent out to all writers to let them know that we were addressing it.
I had the same issue and assumed it was a glitch; I was going to email support today but then saw it had been resolved. However despite "all writers" being sent an email I didn't get one. On my email preferences I chose not to receive news updates (I try to keep my inbox as free from unnecessary stuff as I can). Does this mean though that I won't get potentially important emails about site functionality?
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

MrSteve51 wrote:
sstewart wrote:There was an email sent out to all writers to let them know that we were addressing it.
I had the same issue and assumed it was a glitch; I was going to email support today but then saw it had been resolved. However despite "all writers" being sent an email I didn't get one. On my email preferences I chose not to receive news updates (I try to keep my inbox as free from unnecessary stuff as I can). Does this mean though that I won't get potentially important emails about site functionality?
Ditto. Not wanting to receive marketing emails shouldn't mean we don't receive important emails regarding site problems. :?
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

I don't think it's an email preferences issue. I'm set to receive all types of CC emails but didn't get anything about this until contacting support.