Long Delay in Review

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cmcmahon66

Long Delay in Review

Post by cmcmahon66 »

I know that review times can vary a lot depending on the number of editors working and the amount of material coming in, but over the summer I was pleased with how quickly my articles were being reviewed. It seemed like there had been a big improvement. However, lately it's gotten slower again, and one article in particular of mine is still showing "review" when it was submitted on 10/31/18 - so it's Day 14. I think my previous all time record was 10 days.

So I'm wondering if this is something others are experiencing or if perhaps this particular article fell through the cracks. I was away doing some other work but have some articles to submit this week and am trying to figure out what to expect.

Thanks,
Colleen
HiredGun

Re: Long Delay in Review

Post by HiredGun »

You're not alone with the slowdown in editing times. :(

Try emailing writers@constant-content.com or sstewart@constant-content.com to see if they can shed any light on the situation and/or give your October submission a kick in the pants.
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

Nope, you're not alone.
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

HG, what's your current delay if you don't mind me asking?

My oldest is Nov 6th, but I was away and didn't submit anything for about a week before that.

(Private requests are still going through reasonably quickly)
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Gauderbock wrote:HG, what's your current delay if you don't mind me asking?

My oldest is Nov 6th, but I was away and didn't submit anything for about a week before that.

(Private requests are still going through reasonably quickly)
November 3rd. :(
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

Yikes.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Gauderbock wrote:Yikes.
Between 2-week editing times and 2-cents per word writers... :(
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

I've few "X tips for Y in 2019" articles in draft. Wondering if I should redraft for 2020... :|
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Gauderbock wrote:I've few "X tips for Y in 2019" articles in draft. Wondering if I should redraft for 2020... :|
I published my 2019 marketing trends articles earlier in the year (https://www.constant-content.com/area/b ... earch=true) to make sure I had plenty in my inventory for November/December sales. Probably a good thing I didn't wait until the end of the year to bulk up my 2019 blog posts for sale. :lol:
sstewart

Post by sstewart »

Hi there -- sorry to hear your articles have been in review for so long. Please note that we are experiencing an editor shortage at the moment, and are actively recruiting for more. To compound this, our lead editor is on vacation, so it's very likely that writers will experience delays in having their articles reviewed and cleared. In the meantime, feel free to send a link to an article to writers@constant-content.com if urgent review is necessary and we will do our best to prioritize it with the editors. Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience as we work through this issue!
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

> 2019 trends

Maybe there's still time to get some reviewed, considering I've just yesterday sold the last of my 2018 ones... I guess my hot predictions were more evergreen than I thought :roll:
jaimeaheidel

Post by jaimeaheidel »

OK. I thought it was just me. Mine has been sitting in the queue for 10 days now. :shock: