Does "advanced search" actually work?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

AnnaL

Does "advanced search" actually work?

Post by AnnaL »

I have tried using the Advanced Search function to find articles within a specific price range and/or word count, but using the Advanced Search option doesn't seem to have any effect on the results I'm shown - I see the same articles as I do on a regular search, and they don't match with the settings I've requested for price or word count. I've tried in both Google Chrome and Firefox. Is there a functional way to do an advanced search on CC?
HiredGun

Re: Does "advanced search" actually work?

Post by HiredGun »

I've found the 'advanced search' function works best if you choose 'full rights' AND choose the same price for the minimum and maximum price, e.g. $49.99 as the minimum and $49.99 as the maximum.
https://www.constant-content.com/area/b ... Words=1500
sstewart

Post by sstewart »

Thanks for your message. Apologies that this function does not work properly. We will submit a ticket to our developer to get this fixed. In the meantime, give the workaround suggested by HiredGun a try.
AnnaL

Post by AnnaL »

sstewart wrote:Thanks for your message. Apologies that this function does not work properly. We will submit a ticket to our developer to get this fixed. In the meantime, give the workaround suggested by HiredGun a try.
Thanks for getting this fixed in due course. I don't believe HiredGun's workaround is really appropriate, as I would have to do fifty different searches to find articles priced between $40 and $90. Hopefully a reasonable fix won't take very long!