Is there a “Cycle” to how often articles are “hit”

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

leannz

Is there a “Cycle” to how often articles are “hit”

Post by leannz »

This is just an observation on my part, so I may just be a conspiracy theorist, but it seems to me that my articles will show a consist cycle of hits for a week or so. I will see the number of hits increase down the line on my content pages and I will pick up some sales along the way (Horray!). Then everything will go dormant for a week or more, with no additional hits showing in my content. Sales evaporate and I sit in limbo. Is there some sort of process by which my articles are readily available for potential buyers and then they get put on the back burner for awhile under it’s my time in the forefront again? I can’t believe no one is looking at any of my articles (250+) for such a long stretch.
jimmy5601

Re: Is there a “Cycle” to how often articles are “hit”

Post by jimmy5601 »

Hi Leannz,

My opinion on this is that it isn't the case that your articles suddenly become invisible after some time. However, there are a number of things you may want to consider:

1. Your articles are going to be most visible after you first submit them because they will appear on top of the search listing for that category until more articles are written to push them down. Think of it like Google, when you are on the first page your content is highly visible but if your articles drop to page five then they aren't going to get as many hits.

2. If you sell to regular buyers they aren't going to be buying content all the time. Therefore, there might be a particular time in the week that they look for new articles.

3. Monitor the search terms and the sales. Even if you write on a popular search term it will still go quiet at certain times. If you write on a niche topic then that search traffic may be less frequent.

4. If certain articles aren't getting hits you might want to share them on social media to generate hits.